• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with Wii homebrew

Landry

Smash Ace
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to update to rev 20 or 21 without an internet connection? I'm at college and don't have a network connection at the moment but need to update in order for some of my applications and things to work through homebrew. Any help would be great.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I am not too sure what you mean by rev[ision] 21/22...
The IOS'es?

You can usually download them to an SD card, then use a WAD installer to add them to the Wii.

Landry

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess it's the cIOS or whatever. I've found installers online but they all require the Wii to be connected. I just need something I can do manually offline.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Alright.

I've got a program called ModMii (Not sure where to download it) that will download the WAD files. You then copy them to the SD card, and install them with a WAD Manager program.

======

Take care doing this! All modifications and IOS installations pose a bricking risk!
I highly recommend BootMii/Boot2/Priiloader to help you bounce back in the event of a possible brick.

======

If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try zipping up my program and uploading it.

-

CIOS / MIOS downloads available...

R h y m e

Smash Apprentice
Um, IOS installations only pose a bricking risk if you stub or overwrite the IOS that your system menu version uses for the menu.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Any modifications, if done improperly (or if something just goes wrong) can cause a brick. Better safe than sorry. ;)

Landry

Smash Ace
How do I update it then? My Mario Party 2 channel isn't loading...

R h y m e

Smash Apprentice
Are you trying to use WAD Manager to install the official Mario Party 2 Virtual Console channel? It's somewhat pointless other than for cosmetic reasons because that title works rather well on Wii64.
A cIOS is also fairly useless now with AHBPROT, since it was mainly used for USB loading. It's still required for USB Loader GX, Configurable USB Loader, Wiiflow, and a few other backup loaders, which is a valid reason to obtain one, but if you don't plan on using those, don't bother with IOS installations and just use Wii64.

Ninja in Overalls

Smash Apprentice
really though, its so hard to brick a Wii. I changed my region a few times, crashed it about three hundred times, installed then uninstalled darkcorp which seems to overwrite everything and my Wii is better than new. unless you overwrite the system ios with something you found in a paper bag then I don't see how wiis even get bricked...

Top Bottom