• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with the Bowser MU

musashi-kun

Smash Rookie
Hey! Are there any proficient Bowser players that would like to help me learn this MU? I've had a hard time fighting people that use him and I would like to learn... please message me or comment if you do, 3ds or Wii U, I'm down for both...

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
Im going to assume your mains are Shiek and yoshi.

Its important to know that with both characters bowser players fear you. as both shiek and yoshi can run down on Bowser hard.
Eggs and needles will chip away at bowser's percentage, so if your ever hit away use projectiles to approach. Try not to make an error this is where Bowser will most often land his hits.

Oh and never attack from above

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Not sure if this works for all Bowsers, but in addition to "never attack from above", don't attack from under either unless you're sure it'll hit. Whenever my opponents are open, I always take the chance to dair on them.

musashi-kun

Smash Rookie
If any of you guys are actually willing to play with me please let me know

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Sheik and Yoshi are literally Bowser's worst two MUs in the entire game. If you're losing to Bowsers, it's because you're not camping hard enough and/or or not pressuring Bowser in the air. Both characters also excel at gimping Bowser.

Contrary to what's been said prior to this post, Sheik and Yoshi abuse Bowser by attacking from BELOW him. Bad Bowsers will spam dair or Bowser Bomb as soon as they get above you. Just bait it and airdodge, then punish.

With Sheik literally all you need to do is charge needles and force Bowser to approach. Then when he does, do fthrow>fair, fair, fair, fair, Bouncing Fish offstage, and then read Bowser's recovery repeatedly with Bouncing Fish until he literally can't come back to the stage.

Congratulations, you've now hard countered Bowser.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
That definitely sounds a lot better. :p
What I probably should've said was don't try attacking BEFORE they dair or Bowser Bomb. Usually that's how I get people, by dropping down at the right moment they try to utilt or up smash me.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
That definitely sounds a lot better. :p
What I probably should've said was don't try attacking BEFORE they dair or Bowser Bomb. Usually that's how I get people, by dropping down at the right moment they try to utilt or up smash me.
Yeah, dair or Bowser Bomb can be handy to try and hit an opponent after they whiff an attack. Just gotta be careful since both moves don't have the greatest priority.

TehMud

Smash Rookie
Also remember that Bowser is HUGE. He's very easy to combo because of it. But also remember he does have "Tough Guy". It's not that dangerous but at low percents he can jab out of weak attacks.

Also NEVER approach a Bowser from above. So many players do that. His Uair is intangible at the top and the USmash has Shell Armor.

Just be patient. A Bowser generally doesn't want to have to approach a Shiek or Yoshi.

Top Bottom