• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with spammers

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Smash is rather big in my area (no one is actually good but we all enjoy it.) My teammate and I are well-known in our area for being pretty much the best but we do have one problem. It seems that we have more trouble with noobs who spam the same attack over (Link, Marth, ect.) rather than the more skilled opponents in my area.

Is there anyway that we could have less trouble with annoying spammers? It seems pretty degrading having close matches with people with very little skill. (They also have big egos and they seems to grow quickly.)

Thanks.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
BTW, I apologize in advance if I didn't use the sticky. I assumed that that thread is just used for specific characteres while the thread I created is for spam attackers in general.

GoldenArwing

Smash Rookie
"Those who abuse the same move (aka spam) are truly trying to hide their lack of talent"

When I play with friends I always yell at them when their spamming, and they stop. but these people dont sound like close friends. I cant think of much that you can do other that make and practice teqniques to counter spamming for the most popular spams and the hardest to avoid.

Remember...Practice makes pretty d*** close to perfect

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
I was actually thinking about dash-dancing myself. It is almost a gurantee that if we play a Link, he will spam the down a (without l-cancelling) and the up-b. There is even someone who uses Bowser spam attacks.

I was also thinking about getting some distance and SHLing the crap out of them; do you think that will work well?

FairSheik

Smash Apprentice
im assuming that these players are not at a very high level....so i think if you just dash up to draw out the attack and wavedash back and then just ruin him....

ravage

Smash Rookie
yeah, dash dance, shl, dodge, charge and wavedash back. all that good stuff. just remember to be as unpredictable as possible, doing the things suggested should give you plenty of free grabs and hits.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, none of these players tech. They also think I am lying when I talk about wding and shine-spiking despite the fact that I use it against them.

Very few people tech in my area.

Smash Journeyman
wow you guys giving all this for some noobs, lmao. listen dude just use skill until they realize that spamming is not going to win and you CRUSH THEIR PRIDE SVERLY HAHAHAAAA:psycho:

shiseiten

Smash Cadet
um,try to see the kind of spam in every one of them, and find the best way to fight against it. I fought against one dsmash spamers and a few fsmash spamers, and they both fall if you jump. against dsmashers just shffl or lhffl, and against front smashers, jus5t jump to his back and do a bair

REDfox1

Smash Journeyman
dude u suck *** u have no rite talking about spammers especially when fox spams out his *** ****in noobs

Boolossus

Smash Ace
I was actually thinking about dash-dancing myself. It is almost a gurantee that if we play a Link, he will spam the down a (without l-cancelling) and the up-b. There is even someone who uses Bowser spam attacks.

I was also thinking about getting some distance and SHLing the crap out of them; do you think that will work well?
Wait... You use Fox, and you have trouble avoiding Link's Sword Plant!?:laugh:

Top Bottom