• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help With Multiple Mods

LobotomyPop :^)

You fricked up, mister.
So I've had Project M on my Wii for forever now and last night I saw more stuff on Brawl Minus, which really made me want to try it out. The problem is, however that when putting the files for Brawl Minus into the root of my SD won't work because Project M has a codes/private folder, and so does Brawl Minus, so it would need to overwrite the PM folders. Putting the files for Brawl Minus all into a folder haven't worked for me so far, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
Thanks for reading and thanks a bunch to those who know how I can get past this.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's what I've been doing at the moment. I've just been wondering if there's a way to have both on the SD card at the same time.
from testing and seeing what other smashers try to do it seems that it is not possible

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Yes you can I do it all the time. If your using hackless it might require more storage room than what your card already has. If you do not want to hack your Wii, you can use Letterbomb for the ability to use a bigger SD card.

Are you using hackless? If not, you can just decrypt both GCT files with GCTedit and paste all that into a text file named RSBE01.
Make sure you remove all the names of the individual codes.
Put a name over the codeset of each mod saying what it is.
Then get USB Loader GX, boot that on your Wii (should work on a hackless Wii but having USBLoader GX, Minus, and PM is probably more than the under 2gb cards can hold) and go to the disc/iso of Brawl.
Click on settings, then check to make sure in Game Load that Ocarina is On and Hooktype is set to AxNextFrame.
Get out of Game Load and go into Ocarina and put the codeset you want to use on and the other one off.

I use this method all time when I want to have extra hacks for PM/play Brawl - Zues instead of PM even though PM is still on my card.

Also, PM's private folder only contains the program that hacks into Stage Builder nothing else. It is fine if Brawl Minus overwrites that or vice versa.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom