• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with jiggs please :D

Tanksis

Smash Rookie
whenever i try a wall of pain if i have the chance, i bair once or twicethen it automatically changes to a fair messing it up, how can i fix this? thanks

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
aerial faster scrub

You're probably holding all the way to the side when chasing after them. This will cause you to turn around when you jump UNLESS you aerial 1-4 frames after you jump. In order to prevent the Bair from becoming a Fair, just aerial in this 4 frame window.

Last edited:

Valar Morghulis

Smash Rookie
whenever i try a wall of pain if i have the chance, i bair once or twicethen it automatically changes to a fair messing it up, how can i fix this? thanks
Idk what button you use to aerial, but I think Z is the best button to press for Jiggs wall of pain. The bair comes out faster than using A or C-stick.

Also, if you are doing WoP against a fast faller, just keep holding in direction you are going and hit Z.

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
As long as it isn't a controller issue, wall of pains should come out naturally after enough practice. Try and figure out your thumb movements. You just want to keep going into the opponent as you wall them out, so there is no reason a fair should be coming out unless either its a controller issue or you're trying to move your stick away/into neutral position every single time you back air, which isn't necessary. Just remember its okay to go far out, you have five jumps, a rising pound, and an air dodge. Sorry if I didn't help answer your question, I'm just confused.

ChumSSBM

Smash Rookie
This used to happen to me all the time. I would reccomend just playing more, i dont know exactly how i fixed this issue but it just kinda faded. You might be rotating the stick when you are trying to throw out aerials.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
Due to the fact that Jigglypuff can turn around with her double jumps in mid air you'll need to make sure you keep the order of your inputs the same.

Order being: Jump --> Begin Bair animation --> After Bair animation has started then you're free to use your ariel movement to play your hitbox where you want it.

Remember, Jigglypuff's Bair comes out after 9 frames, so you have 9 frames to position your attack.

Low5_

Smash Apprentice
Wait wait so there's a huge disjoint during the beginning frames too? O.o
There's nine frames from when you start your Bair to when the first hitbox comes out. Once you start an ariel move you are locked in and won't be able to turn around until your next jump. That is why you input the Bair before you move your control stick away from neutral.

Last edited:
Top Bottom