• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with Ike

-Wedding Dress Mannie-

Smash Rookie
I'm new to SmashBoards, but after playing the game a little bit, Ike seems a little harder to connect combos. What are some good techniques?

One thing I have done is setting my C-stick to "Attack" instead of "SMASH" just so I can use my tilts alot easier. Is this a good thing or bad thing when learning to get better with Ike?

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Greetings, fellow Ike. ^-^

The C-stick set to "Attack" is my preferred set-up for the same reason you stated, which helps prevent me from accidentally inputting a command for a smash attack; additionally, since I like to C-stick my aerials, this makes RAR B-airs more effective when retreating as well as with retreating F-airs due to not needing to flick the C-stick to stop your momentum going forward. Personally, I find this configuration very beneficial to Ike, especially if you prefer to use C-stick for aerial attacks.

As for combos, throws to aerials are especially effective from low to mid percents and low rage, which include:

D-throw or U-throw --> N-air
D-throw or U-throw --> B-air
D-throw or U-throw--> Aether

User San created the thread below, detailing Ike's techniques and combos.

http://smashboards.com/threads/path...dated-12-04-14-new-basic-combos-added.371249/

Last edited:

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
One combo that works at low percentages that I didn't see in that section is doing 2 juggles with U-Tilt followed by an Usmash, B-air or Eruption (depending on victim's positioning and height). I've seen it done against me a couple of times when fighting good ditto matches and have been learning how to get the timing down as well. Also gets the other player flustered easily, meaning more mistakes for Ike to punish.

Top Bottom