• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help with Diddy!!

TaZ96

Smash Rookie
I'm back to an obsession with SSBB and thought it would be fun to try and master Diddy.

From what I know already, his bannanas are awesome and his spikes are pretty good as well, I have gotten pretty good with the bannanas but can't seem to get his spikes correct.

PLEASE HELP ME!!:urg:

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Q&A thread next time ok? And welcome to Smash World Forums.

Ok, you are going to need to learn proper setups. Getting them where you want them to be offstage is a big part of it. Diddy is best at spiking from a lower area because, if done correctly, you can still recover and that is the place that most people feel safe at recovering. Some characters are very easy to gimp/spike after you throw a naner off-stage to momentarily stop someones recovery. This will make it easier to get them in a place that you feel safe spiking.

Also, don't spike if they are horizantal to you off stage. Usually it isn't safe unless it is a very gimpable recovery. Throw bananas to get them into a place you will like.

fZk

Smash Lord
Try not to rely on spikes. As with any other character, a missed spike attempt can be very costly. This is specially true for Diddy, as he is easy to hit out of his recovery.

Personally I rarely ever go for spikes. I prefer throwing bananas and peanuts to gimp recoveries and edgehogging, these are far safer options.

Top Bottom