• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help Vs Wolf

calprinicus

Smash Cadet
ok so my friend picked up wolf in the last week. He's an experienced player that mained fox in melee. Here is what I'm having troubles with:

Approuch issues:
He is either shining or jabbing my squall hammer right before the last hit and it stops my hammer. So I have no approuch. I've been working on SH b-air to blizzard but he rolls and then punishes my blizzard.
when I run to him he just shoots and one of my ICs fall down slow my approach. I can't send in blocks first since he will shine them back to me.

Defense:
he can edge-guard like a beast. he sits at the edge and charges his f-smash and can hit me before I can grab the edge. air-dodge works ok when I'm above, but if I'm below it pretty much a stock.

when wolf u-smash it separates us and he can kill nana fast. he uses the dash -> u-smash very effectively. I can sometimes side-step and grab but it's hard since nana is always 6 frames off. most of the time it's just her in the air which actually makes it worse.

he has a great roll and it's hard to land a grab since he can space himself too daamn well.

I did however find that if I do get a grab he's very easy to block-lock and then run to a u-smash.

This match is so freak'n hard for me any tips would be great. much appreciated.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
IIRC, reflected Ice Blocks don't hurt ICs. Approach with desynched or non desynched IBs till you're in grab range/see him stop shining.

For recovery:
- If you're below, use the tether & auto sweetspot to bypass his edge guarding. <- What I do.
- From above use either SHs or a Blizzard as you're coming down to stop his fsmash and then tether from below.

Random tip:
- Know the distance for his up+b and side+b, that way you can stand in the predicting spot. This will force him to grab the edge. From here, desynch Nana Blizzard so it either knocks him down or forces him to get up. Once he gets up, follow up his approach and counter.

This is what just works for me from my experiances.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
My friends wolf iz pretty weaksauce (Bad) but Ill give a couple general tipz.

Try Edge Huggin.. ( I think its called) where 1 climber edge hogs and other standz on edge.
I desynch like.. alot. Pivoted B > Blizzard iz 1 of meh faves. But that jus workz 4 me I suppose.
Make sure yur grabs count.
Remember 2 Taunt. =D

Good Lux. I wanna fite a good Wolf =[. Falco iz the anoyin one as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom