• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help vs long distance falco

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
so using the ff, i've had a lot of success in connecting 2 ppl and practicing my kirby against _humans_, which is apparently a whole lot better than practicing against cpus.

one match was vs a falco (no vids, sorry!), and we played a number of heated games against each other. when i could get close enough 2 him, it was all good. gonzo combo, dthrow > utilt, fairs, bairs, etc.

eventually, though, he figured out that if he just kept running away and staying long distance, kirby has limited options. he would run to the opposite side of the stage (FD) and shoot his laser, then if i shffd or RARd, he'd either keep throwing his reflector or sideb and run to the other side of the stage and repeat. it got pretty annoying, so i stayed on one side and just ducked, waiting for him 2 come 2 me, but dood wouldn't budge.

i mean, i could sometimes space/time his sideb but again, he would just run away after a couple hits.

suggestions?

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
I had the same problem with a wolf. I don't know what to tell you. I tried using the projectile from up b but he'd just reflect that. It gave me a little time to get in there with a fair and dthrow, which could lead to something.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
In these cases, be aggressive, but be smart about it. Dodge frequently and dodgeroll/jump and pair each puff with an airdodge. Then keep bringing the pressure with combos. Don't be distressed if he gets away; simply repeat what I said before.

Hope that helps...

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
Hmm...just crouch to avoid the lasers. Eventually he'll get bored and come to you.

If you can't approach, make them approach you.

DarKirby92

Smash Cadet
just rush in and attack the sh#t out of him. If he is trying to get u away with his projectiles just run in with a shield or sidestep immediately and follow up with a smash of some sort. That's what i do when Zamus starts giving me problems, and i think it should work for him too.

storm92

Smash Ace
Hang on the ledge.
No joke, his lasers can't hit you there and all he can do is approach.
Just watch it at a tourney, you could get called for "stalling", although its unlikely.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Stalling? He's the one laser camping.

If it's Wolf, get out of range and taunt.

storm92

Smash Ace
Stalling? He's the one laser camping.

If it's Wolf, get out of range and taunt.
Some people could call the SHDL's a strat while just hanging on the ledge, jumping off then on, repeatedly to evade the lasers and opponent is stalling.
Camping is annoying and cheap, yes, but it's usually not called out as excessive stalling.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
thanks 4 the suggestions guys!

i mean, there were times where i'd fully go balls out aggressive but minor lag and just inevitable mistakes due to excessive rushing made it almost impossible to get in and attack unharmed. i'd go up maybe 7-8%, then hit him like once before he'd sideb and run to the other side.

then again, i'd try 2 be campy and duck and wait but he was a patient falco. wouldn't move. nvr tried the jumping off and on thing, or the taunting thing (vs wolf, cuz ppl kinda do it with him too, though not as much)

RockBarrelBlast

Smash Rookie
you could also copy his power and give him a taste of his own medicine!

then he'll reflect, and you can get closer to attack.

I wish I saw more vids of kirby's using copy... you can use their own move against them!!!

Star654

Smash Rookie
you probably dont see many vids of kirby using copy because keeping his suction move is actually a very useful move to hang onto ( for damaging, messing up an approaching attacker, and for keeping it for kirbycide if the opportunity presents itself :D )

Top Bottom