• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help Versing Sonic/Kirby/Metanight as ZSS?

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
Ok my friend is annying the heck out of me with kirby, sonic, and metanight, all of which he is good at. i just lost to him in a wi-fi battle and i'm sick of it!!! :grrr: Any hep/strategies/tips?

harpuia190

Smash Ace
WEEEEELLLLLL
vs metaknight is the million dollar question really,
vs kirby hmm uh try to notice some of his slower moves and then punish, and don't get spiked
vs sonic i think he is pretty easy to stun?

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
WEEEEELLLLLL
vs metaknight is the million dollar question really,
vs kirby hmm uh try to notice some of his slower moves and then punish, and don't get spiked
vs sonic i think he is pretty easy to stun?
Answer #1 Huh??
Answer # 2 thanks
answer # 3 thanks?

Bouse

Smash Ace
Answer #1 Huh??
Answer # 2 thanks
answer # 3 thanks?
Let me clarify
1. Metaknight is a pain in the *** for everyone. He's hard to mind-game and generally has high priority and solid range on most of his attacks.
2. Kirby is all about spacing with your Side+B and B. He has no projectiles and isn't magnificently fast. You can just annoy the crap out of him pretty much.
3. Sonic is a predictable character, your Down Smash is a relatively solid counter to MOST of his moves. However fighting him on the ground ends up leaving you with a slight disadvantage because of his intense movement speed.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-Ob6veSfABk
To give you an idea.
However like Kirby, no projectiles, and learning to space properly with your Side+B and B attacks give you control of the match.

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
thanks for the clarification Bouse!
However, with kirby, the major issue is that whenever i try to use a combo that knocks him into the air, he always uses his down b attack as i approach, even when i first attempted it. some help in this specific area?

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
However, with kirby, the major issue is that whenever i try to use a combo that knocks him into the air, he always uses his down b attack as i approach, even when i first attempted it. some help in this specific area?
Airdodge, then punish when he comes out of Stone.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
My first suggestion is to stop playing the absolute crap that is Brawl online. We'll work from there.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I really really really hate meat knight...his nearly lagless attacks are a pain in the ***.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I really really really hate meat knight...his nearly lagless attacks are a pain in the ***.
Straight up? Just run away. If you're playing him on Final D, you're likely not going to win. Platforms to shield you from his upB are always handy.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Straight up? Just run away. If you're playing him on Final D, you're likely not going to win. Platforms to shield you from his upB are always handy.
Oh, I can beat him..it's just a chore to do so..and a pain in the ***.
But the win is worth it.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Get out of the way. Try using your Up+B while on the ground to spike him before he can get the move off, and get him into a D-smash combo if you get the opportunity.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
Kirby really should not be giving you trouble. Most good kirbys rarely use their down b box move as an actual attack because it is easily avoided by shielding, and then punished when they come out of the box.
Just watch carefully, and then shield accordingly. You should have to worry more about kirbys mallet hammer smash, cause that attack sends ZSS flying at lowish percents (especially with bad DI' ing).
hope that helped.

Harkness

Smash Apprentice
hmm... Thanks, and there's one other problem i just remembered. as much as it is not suggested to use down-b my friend counters my combos by using down-b as i approach, as previously stated. even though i air dodge he quickly changes back before he touches the ground and is ready when i fall to the ground, helpless. any tips for this problem?

smaci92

Smash Lord
Ok...my brother plays as Meta knight, so I practically have to play against that annoying character every day...but the good thing is, I have a few hopefully useful points now- especially since my brother is good with metaknight unlike some spammers out there...

So, try to predict when metaknight is going to use his mach tornado. You have 2 options if metaknight uses it when you expect it: 1. jump, and dair right over the top of the tornado...that will completely eliminate it. 2. stay where you are, and if he approaches you with the tornado, you can grab him out of it and do a down grab...work from there. ;)

The next thing is, the Shuttle loop (mk's up b). This is one of his best KO moves. When he does a loop, and he comes around and is ready to strike the deathly blow with his sword, you have two options after he loops around: 1. He'll most likely glide his metaknight towards you so he can push "A" and kill you, and when he's coming towards you, roll backwards, and then grab. This will grab him before he can get close enough to kill you. 2. When he glides towards you after the loop, you can down b spike him.

So anyways, these are the two main things that alot of metaknights use, so be careful and follow my tips...I hope I helped, and let me know if you have questions...

For Kirby, I have no idea...I barely ever play Kirby's.
For Sonic, make sure you jump and stay in the air alot cause sonic has a good and fast ground game.

I you want a counterpick for metaknight, then don't use ZSS. I you are going to use ZSS against metaknight like I do, you have to think about what he's going to do next, and what your options are. A good counter against metaknight, is falco are snake...;)

smaci92

Smash Lord
hmm... Thanks, and there's one other problem i just remembered. as much as it is not suggested to use down-b my friend counters my combos by using down-b as i approach, as previously stated. even though i air dodge he quickly changes back before he touches the ground and is ready when i fall to the ground, helpless. any tips for this problem?
then you can DI (direct influence: if you don't get what this is, go to smashwiki) away from him...

Top Bottom