• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help "pubstomping"

CapacityCassowary

Smash Rookie
I mostly play PM, but my university is having a Brawl tournament. If it's 4p FFA, I'll just **** around, but if it's 1v1 or teams I'd like to put up a good fight. I main Diddy and Marth when I'm playing Brawl. Assuming that my opponents will largely not DI, ledgehog, or other relatively unintuitive things, what are some cheap tricks I can pull?

Edit: I've noticed that Diddy's bthrow-dair kills Nana, does that work with anyone who doesn't DI it?

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Marth makes it pretty nasty for predictable people with Counter. And assuming your opponents can't space well, you can Up-B pretty much anything that touches your shield. If they run out of invincibility frames and you're onstage, a Dsmash or Dtilt knocks them off. Charging a Shield Breaker or a smash puts pressure on people: Do I shield and risk getting poked/broken or Do I dodge and risk getting hit out of it?

Diddy can **** with bananas if you just chuck em around. If your opponent can't even DI then they don't stand a chance against Diddy's banana shenanigans, let alone the infinite lock he has with them. Speaking of no DI, Dsmash kills stupid early without DI and it puts them in a horrible position if they survive.

You might like to grab release them, Marth's pummel is fast enough to force a ground break and if they're not reacting as fast as they should, a quick Dsmash should remind them (Same with Diddy except maybe a banana toss)

If they like to spam ledge getup attacks then Up-B OoS with Marth will send them back off again, so will a banana with Diddy.
If they edgehog wrong and wear out their invincibility I think both Marth and Diddy can stagespike them with their Up-B's.

With bad players, you can usually get away with using some certain damage racking moves too much, or trying a bit too hard for the kill . Both Marth and Diddy aren't great at killing so this should help you out a lot.

Don't worry about DI, Nana's AI doesn't do that. If you can pull off Bthrow->Dair then Nana is pretty much gone.

Top Bottom