• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help practicing

cronnix

Smash Rookie
im trying to get good enough to beat a real life friend of mine who mains yoshi.
hes owned the game much longer than myself.
i main jigglypuff and iv read and watched many guides and tutorials for her
i can do rising/falling pound Dacus and im working on drill rest.
been practicing on wifii basic brawls for 2 months now.
but im still not confident in a 1vs 1 with my friends yoshi so i need advice or a little help in getting me to a more competitive level.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
How is your edge game? Giggly puff should do well against Yoshi off the edge considering she has the multi jumps and he just has the secondary jump. Practice footstools and general attacks below and above the edge of the stage (against the computer, as edge guarding on wifi can be dangerous because of lag) to repel and destroy Yoshi. Get used to Yoshi's second jump and how he would typically need to use it to recover. It is also important to learn exactly how long you can be off the stage before you need to come back and what the possibilities for edge guarding would be within that time.

This may be enough to push your game over the top. If it isn't then you may need to practice the knitty-gritty stuff like mind games and reading your opponent's tendencies. Often it's simply not good enough to be very technically proficient; you have to be tricky and unpredictable as well.

cronnix

Smash Rookie
im pretty good at wall of pain vs average players and preventing opponents from getting back up.
not sure if its just the skills of my wifii opponents or me tho.
if you think you could help me tommorrow ill get my brawl friend code on here.
i... threw away the paper i had it wrote on while cleaning up trash :facepalm:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I know I'm a couple days late answering you but I could probably do a few wifi matches and see if I can be of any help. Would you want me to try and use Yoshi or would you want me to just use my mains? We'd also have to schedule a time.

cronnix

Smash Rookie
my friend code is 0047 5363 2021 You can use anything I dont have any competitive experience ... but the guy that plays yoshi dosent either!
i came down with a bad cold the day after christmas but i think ill be able to practice next week

Top Bottom