• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help on getting the grab

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Don't force the grab. Just play as you normally would adding damage here and there until your opponent messes up/you see an opening. I don't RELY on CG's in MU's that they are useful in. If I see a chance to CG I will but I don't force it.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Next time please visit our stickied Pika Q/A thread to ask for help like this.

Don't force the grab, this is very dangerous against experienced players. When all you try to see is the opportunities to grab, you'll miss the opportunities for other attacks and create openings in your own game.
What you can do, is punish landing lag or a shielded aerial against you with a grab. Another option is to bum-rush the opponent, perfect shield their attack, then continue running into a grab. CG's can be your best friend in certain match-ups, but don't go all out to achieve them.

Top Bottom