• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need help. How and why do this shine?

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
https://youtu.be/Q2g91j2nfog?t=44s

At 44. how/why do this shine? why not just shine normally and waveshine out. why short hop shine -> wave land down. also whats the actual inputs for this?

short hop -> shine -> djc -> hold down and air dodge?

i cant ever seem to get the shine at that height to go back down. is there a trick to this? any guides?

Thanks,
HK

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
This is a computer, but better players would jump out of that up tilt. Fox is at too low of a percent for that to combo. Jumping to get the shine asap ensures they wont get out before u shine.

He's also on a platform. Sometimes when u input a shine on a platform u fall through it. To avoid it u just jump and then shine. I doubt Mang0 falls through platforms anymore when he shines, but that is a reason for some people.

He's also not short hopping. If u jump then shine it will stop u wherever u shine. U don't have to worry about short hopping.

As far as im aware there are no specific guides to this. This series of inputs is part of westballz pressure though, and there are guides on that. The inputs u gave were right though so just practice those inputs, there is no secret to how to do it other than repetitive practice.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Wow, thanks for the lesson guys!
I just thought the only way to shine on platform was to slowly hold down the stick like you're doing a tilt. It makes sense because you do the same thing when performing a shine oos.

Top Bottom