• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help -- Graphical problems

Sensai

Smash Master
Hello all.

"nvlddmkm stopped responding"

Something I've been getting a lot lately, and was wondering if anyone knew anything about it? I'd love it if someone could tell me a fix or help me out in some way, shape, or form.

It goes off pretty much at random when I'm doing something video related, be it gaming or simply watching a Metroid speedrun.

(Vista 32bit, FYI)

[Edit:]

Oh yes, forgot to mention: my drivers are updated and nothing's been overclocked.

Sensai

Smash Master
Found your problem... ^_^
Oh har har...:-D

BTW, and I'm derailing my own topic here on the THIRD post...but I think I'm switching to Linux full time over the break. Buzz, I might end up hitting you up for help here and there.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm here to help. The transition is a bit jarring, but I can give you the wisdom necessary to enjoy Linux. I'm sure AltF4 can help too! :)

Sensai

Smash Master
I mean, I've used Ubuntu before (still have it on my harddrive, actually), but I plan on COMPLETELY dropping Windows.

Except maybe for running it in a virtual machine. Recommendations?

Actually, nevermind. I'll stop hijacking this thread and make a new one in a bit. You gotta show up, though.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I mean, I've used Ubuntu before (still have it on my harddrive, actually), but I plan on COMPLETELY dropping Windows.
Welcome to my world. My computer has Ubuntu on it and nothing else.
Except maybe for running it in a virtual machine. Recommendations?
It really depends on your needs. I just use WINE for all my gaming needs. Running all of Windows in a VM is cool too; I just prefer the simplicity of WINE. Thanks to GRUB, dual booting isn't hard at all.

Top Bottom