• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help fighting DDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
As a WFT and Rosalina main...I just seem to have the worst time against DDD, its probably just me....but I cannot seem to hit him when he's in the air...every DD just jumps up into the air after I launch them...I try to go for combo they airdodge then they neutral air/ f air me and because those moves seemingly have no endlag whatsoever, even when I try and wait for them to do that move as they get right above me I cant punish them. They can do those moves (particularly N-air as I've seen) and go straight into like a roll or a dsmash if they do it close to the ground....and yes I know gordos can be reflected or absorbed by my two characters...but they always seem to just miss him when it bounces back. I can't stand fighting this fat penguin anymore. Plus he rolls way too fast for a heavy imo.

As my two characters, what can be done to rid myself of the so called King of Dreamland? Am I just looking at this wrong or something?

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
Haven't had much experience against WFT, but as RosaLuma, your best shot is to keep your Luma damn tight. We clobbah them with relative ease if should them get separated from you, and once that happens, we'll hit you like a truck. RosaLuma doesn't have a lot of ways to reflect our Gordos besides Star Bits, either. When it comes to aerials, you just have to be patient. RosaLuma's aerial game surpasses ours by far, and once you catch us off-guard, juggling us should be a breeze.

When it comes to WFT, I imagine Header and Sun Salutation can help you out a lot, as we hate projectiles. Those moves might be good for training on reflecting Gordos as well.

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
For :rosalina:
I agree. Keep Luma close, and protect it. It's the one thing turning what would otherwise be a bad matchup into a decent one. Star Bits reflect Gorodos, D3 doesn't like the extra hitbox to deal with, and well, it's your greatest strength.

When D3 tries to Uair you (which he will a lot, especially out of a grab) try your Dair. It's a great defense.

For :4wiifit::4wiifitm:
I don't have a lot of matchup experience, tbh, but projectiles are the way to go here. Keep your distance snipe, and respect D3's power and range.
When he's in your face, I'd recommend your excellent Nair, which may be able to knock him away long enough for you to get away. But remember, even in the air, he outranges you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom