• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help and practice Wall Teching, by yourself?

Chip.

you know what to do
All right, I've found a neat, simple way to practice Wall Teching all by yourself :).

First, go to one player mode and go to training mode. Now, (this is important that you remember) to MAKE YOUNG LINK THE CPU CHARACHTER. It doesn't matter who you're opponent is, but you have to be controlling them for this part.

Now, pick a stage, but I find that Final Destination does the best due to it's large walls on the side of the stage.

Once here, access the pause screen and make the computer Young Link's Damage Meter % go up to 130%. This is the percent you can start to Tech for this strategy of mine.

Also, change the CPU's position from Stand to Human and put a controller in Slot 2 (obviously).

Now you're ready to start to practice Wall Teching! Now, since you have the 2nd controller in the 2nd port you can now start to move around with the CPU Young Link (with 130% set life, DON'T FORGET THAT).

Now, to do this solo Wall Tech training this will require the use of your bombs (obviously :ohwell:). So, take out a bomb and stand next to the edge (doesn't really matter witch direction you are facing when standing there). Next, jump off the edge, yep, just jump off it and DI a little twords the stage itself and also Fast-Fall down so you sink on parrellal with the stage too. Then, throw the bomb that's in you're hand presently, AT the stage so that you get caught in the explosion and then just Tech the explosion. After you perform the Wall Tech from the explosion press up-B to recover back to the edge of the stage->pull bomb->jump off the stage->throw bomb/hit yourself->Wall Tech->Repeat.

Yep, just Tech the explosion as simple as that. Remember that in order to perform a Wall Tech you must press the L-Trigger 20 - 30 frames before the initial attack has hit you/relatively half a second or so. In order to fully utilize the benefits of such a practice is to practice this strategy CONSTANTLY in training mode so your brain can get familiar with this certain timing and the L-trigger clicking.

Now at the end of all this you might ask what is the point of Wall Teching? Well, Young Link doesn't last that long and anything that will make him last longer will surely help in some way. Wheather it be Peach trying to Spike you with her D-Smash when you're hanging on the edge or Marth attempting to F-smash Tipper or D-tilt your recovery when your coming up from underneath the stage it still helps.

......>_>

...All right, Wall Teching REALLY doesn't help TOO much as apposed to what some would think :p but it can still save you a quite a few times if you're good at it.

If this helps you, great. If it doesn't, too bad. But it will surely boost your Tech Skill in general if you can master Wall Teching.

Thus, making you a better player in general.

Questions, Comments, Concerns?

Another reason why I made this is due to the lack of good Young Link threads and inconstant activity lately >_< so I'm trying to spark something up. And if your posting on the Young Link boards, do get some vids of your Young Link up here. Try to please! ASAP.

-Chip

PetaNybble

Smash Cadet
A easier way would just be laying motion detect bombs on the edge and try to jump back. But your way is creative, nevertheless.

Chip.

you know what to do
Well, using the motion sensor bombs you would have to pause, then go to the items, go to motion sensor bombs, then equip them to the field, then pick it up and throw it at the edge of the stage, then jump off, then explode and Wall Tech, then recover repeat.

But this new way all you have to do is pull a bomb out, jump off, throw it at yourself and the stage and Tech, repeat ^_^.

I find it much more efficient.

Top Bottom