• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help against Roy

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Firstly, keep in mind that even though he has a big sword, his swordsmith was silly and decided to make it so that he can't use the full range of the blade if you know... Roy wants to hurt you and stuff.

So he will most likely be spacing closer to you than the range of his sword, take advantage of that.

Secondly, Roy has lag and lots of it. His weak anime-esque arms just can't recover so good from swinging that there sword made of heavy elements. If he misses say, an F-smash (His ONLY true kill move, yay... even Mario can mock him there.) he is OPEN. grab him. He wants it. this leads to number three. I bet you can't wait for three, because its really awesome and three-ish. Oh boy, three!

Thirdly (or threely) Roy is never truly happy unless he is being comboed. He lives for it. He dreams every night of being grabbed by mario and then being chaingrabbed with d-throw until mid percentages. He yearns to then afterwards be uptilted, Uair'd, Bair'd, and Dair'd until you finally release him to his unescapable doom. He especially loves those uptilts and Uairs though man... can't get enough.

So please, take advantage of Roy's lag, grab him, and then combo him. He has been waiting too long for you to do so.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
That sword is the only problem you should have against roy. He has a mediocre recovery and is easily combo'd. Once you can get in close, kill him. I recommend approach with D-air to grab. Use your imagination from there =P

Edit: Geez Face, you beat me to it, lol. Very...graphic post too might I add.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Hahaha thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. XD

You know Matador, I think from now on it will probably be us two that answer the questions unworthy of Eggz and Maelstrom. Thats how it has been going anyways. Heh.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Lol Face, made my night with that. I tried that out against my friend's Roy, worked perfectly. Thanks a lot. :) You're a genius. You should definitely become a writer with that talent. ;)

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Lol Face, made my night with that. I tried that out against my friend's Roy, worked perfectly. Thanks a lot. :) You're a genius. You should definitely become a writer with that talent. ;)
Yay for me being helpful! Now you just have to hope that your friend does not switch to Marth, as that is an uphill battle with broken glass on the ground and a mosquito bite in a place you can't scratch very well.

and nah, writing isn't my thing... I like to draw stuffs.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I don't need to worry about that, he insists that Roy is better, so I just agree with it. :p Draw a picture of the Mario + Roy scenario, lol.

YangKang

Smash Apprentice
Roy is IMO a pretty easy matchup I just approach with fireballs and chaingrab the **** out of him then follow up with a Fsmash and everything is fine

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's been working out a little better now that I've been grabbing him like crazy, he doesn't win all of the matches anymore. :)

Top Bottom