• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help adding darkness effects to Marth

K'C Crisp

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crisp_Crisp
3DS FC
4184-3609-6004
So I want to add a darkness effect to some of Marth's tippers, his up throw, and maybe pummel. I also want to add a purple slash effect to his sword but I don't know where to place the file. I want all of this on a single costume, similar to what they did for Peach's Shadow Queen outfit. I tried using PSA but I don't even know how to use that and it won't let me do files with numbers in it (FitMarth05.pcs).

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm not going to be able to help you with this, but you don't do it in those files. FitMarth05.pcs is a character skin, not a moveset. You need to do it in FitMarth.pac. I'm guessing the way PMDT did it was edit that file to say if this skin is active, then change these effects, same with Mario/Dr. Mario. This sounds like a pretty difficult project for a beginner though. I would probably start with trying to make it work on all costumes first. You should probably ask for help in the Customized Content subforum. Sorry I can't be of more help.

K'C Crisp

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crisp_Crisp
3DS FC
4184-3609-6004
I'm not going to be able to help you with this, but you don't do it in those files. FitMarth05.pcs is a character skin, not a moveset. You need to do it in FitMarth.pac. I'm guessing the way PMDT did it was edit that file to say if this skin is active, then change these effects, same with Mario/Dr. Mario. This sounds like a pretty difficult project for a beginner though. I would probably start with trying to make it work on all costumes first. You should probably ask for help in the Customized Content subforum. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Thanks, I got a little impatient and started to do some research. What's funny is that I just read word for word what you told me in the 2nd line about movesets right before clicking on this window in another thread. I understand PSA a bit more than before, just no luck doing one-slots. What people are saying to do in other forums is to replace the original FitMarth.pac with the purple slash and just rename that FitMarth.pac, but the thing is that it's more than likely designed for brawl and I might end up getting Brawl Marth's attributes and wreck the game. Thank you though, any kind of help is worth it!

Y-L

Smash Champion
Thanks, I got a little impatient and started to do some research. What's funny is that I just read word for word what you told me in the 2nd line about movesets right before clicking on this window in another thread. I understand PSA a bit more than before, just no luck doing one-slots. What people are saying to do in other forums is to replace the original FitMarth.pac with the purple slash and just rename that FitMarth.pac, but the thing is that it's more than likely designed for brawl and I might end up getting Brawl Marth's attributes and wreck the game. Thank you though, any kind of help is worth it!
Yeah you wouldnt be able to do that. You'd have to study the brawl one and find out what they did to make it work then add it to the PM one.

K'C Crisp

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crisp_Crisp
3DS FC
4184-3609-6004
Yeah you wouldnt be able to do that. You'd have to study the brawl one and find out what they did to make it work then add it to the PM one.
Ok, I've finally done what I wanted to do with his flags. All I had to do was LA-Basic[54] and work from there. I still can't seem to make the purple sword glow work but it really isn't important anymore. I could probably work inside some more and change the color of his ordinary blue trail to purple and live with that. But thanks for replying, and your guess was correct. You basically explained what the LA-Basic[54] code does without even knowing it.

Top Bottom