• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need fighting strategies

suprneb

Smash Cadet
what do i do if im fighting against an opponent who is CONSTANTLY shielding? (like - maybe every 5 seconds his shield goes up when i attack)

i use falco's dair a lot (the spike) and every time im going in for an attack, he's shielding, and when i miss (meaning i hit his shield), he just grabs me and throws me

help plz?

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Read a sticky plz?
Seriously, if you have any idea what l-canceling(to shine), pillaring, or simply attacking the backside of him, you should be fine. And you're being way too obvious if he can shield you everytime. Maybe spam some lasers and use nairs or grabs instead of a dair all the time?

ggmax

Smash Cadet
l-cancel to shine, definetly. i had a shiek who kept doing this. he doesn't so much anymore.

+ make sure you shffl that dair.

Smash Journeyman
dude if your not shfflin those dairs to a shine your gunna get grabbed reguardless.
so until you learn to properly do this land behind the shield its safe until your confident you can shffl a dair to shine perfectly.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah definately listen to those guys. heres some **** you can do

1. jump above him, make him THINK you're going to dair, but just fastfall and grab him when you hit the ground. Dthrow to dsmash anyone?

2. like Fefnir said, land behind him with that dair.

3. learn to pillar, but it's tough so you might want to wiat on that one.

4. repeat number 1, but instead of landing and grabbing, waveland backwards and fsmash? but if he's still shielding he can grab you out of that too :(

be creative :) good luck!

Top Bottom