• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need experience against zeldas (wii u)

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
just lost 3 times against one in for glory before they left. it was infuriating. I'm crashbfan on wii u, add me.

Xys

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1435-5012-4542
If duck hunt and Zelda had a projectile battle im pretty sure you win. Just apply pressure from afar and go in for the killing blow. Forcing a Zelda to approach you is the best way to counter a Zelda since she has no decent approach besides a very easy readable Farore's wind Zelda. Also Zelda can not really deflect duck hunt's projectiles because of the weird properties they have. If she did you would probably not be threatened.

Forsage

Smash Rookie
NNID
WisdomAndCourage
To throw in my own two cents, make sure you don't get predictable with projectiles. One of Zelda's best long-ranged moves, which doubles as a KO move, is her teleport Farore's Wind. I find Zelda typically does well against projectile spammers because they're used to throwing out all of their projectiles without restraint. If you don't want to get hit by Farore's Wind, you'll need to not get predictable with your projectiles by throwing fewer out there. Do this well, and you'll find yourself capitalizing on Farore's Wind, because if you shield it you can easily punish with a grab or smash attack. Keep in mind that Zelda has very few approach options, so it's not a big deal if you need to put fewer projectiles out than usual.

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
While I can't speak for everyone that plays her, I've seen a few on FG that assume she's good against campy characters (the reason I think some people pick her against me since I play mostly campy characters) because they think they can Nayru's Love spam and win. If you face people like this, then limiting your projectiles and surprising them with close range can work to your advantage. That's almost always how I play Samus against anyone with a reflector.

That said, any good Zelda won't do this and will still try to force you to approach her using Din's and Phantom. In this case, I imagine it would be a game of patience where you, as Duck Hunt, are perfectly capable of out-camping her. Stay out of range of Phantom and she'll throw Din's, stick closer to her and she might be prompted to approach you since Phantom is super punishable if the opponent is at mid range. While I don't know how punishable DH is at mid range while using projectiles, I think he's better off than Zelda. Maybe jumping up and dropping the can on her head and landing with down-B might be advantageous for you. If she reflects the can, it'll go straight up, harmless, and it'll leave her open to the down-B shot. Just a thought as I don't know DH. Basically, like everyone else said, if you force her to approach, you're already at an advantage. Also, never, ever spam projectiles at her while she is off stage. She will take advantage of the endlag on these moves and FW you to death. Always be aware and safe while you're in FW range especially on FG where people like to overuse it whenever they think you're vulnerable.

Best of luck to you sir!

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
i quite disagree. as a zelda player, i would never actually use Din or Phantom like normal projectile [for example: fox blaster shoots when your far, good projectile, or duck hunt, also good projectiles and can spam]

zelda~s projectiles are far too slow and predictable, like i cant imagine starting the match with dins right off the bat, or being in a situation in which me and the opponent are standing against each other, far from each other, and i use din to force them to approach…my zelda would not work like that. i only use dins for edgeguards or to bait airdodges, phantom only sometimes situationaly.

thus i think DHD cant really outcamp zelda, as zelda cant even camp in the first place. just run up to him, doddgin all dat shiz he trows at ya and use all of your sparkles to defeat him

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
In that case, I'll restate that I can't speak for everyone that plays Zelda. Seems we both have different strats for playing her. I suppose that's a good sign that we can both be successful with her by using different strategies. Maybe she's not one-dimensional after all! :chuckle:

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
uh guys, I never really asked for opinions or anything . I consistently lose to zelda and I want some experience aka Fighting good Zeldas.

since every time I lose to one in for glory, they taunt and leave immediately, I can't really develop a good strategy. please someone add me.

Top Bottom