• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Edge-Game Advice

Humuck

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I've started to main Fox in Project M, and my weak point is my edge-game. Firstly, how do you guys recommend edge-guarding with Fox? Usually, I try to jump down and shine spike if my opponent is below me, but I'd also like a sound method to remain on the stage and continuously hit my opponent off whether they sweet spotted the edge, or land back on the stage. Also, my training buddy mains Marth. I dominate play when on the ground, but I ALWAYS lose. I think this is because I usually die at around 80 percent health. My opponent just gets a strong side smash with the tip of Marth's sword, the strongest part, and sends me flying off the edge. When trying to recover, he edge guards me whether I'm recovering horizonatly or from below. Even when I sweet spot the edge Marth is capable of hitting me off with a side smash or down tilt. My opponent is also good at just walking to where I will fall so he can smash me again. Even from below, he always hits me, which is ridiculous because Fox's up-B should do damage to his Marth before he can hit me. I don't know what to do and need help. How should I get around Marth's edge-guarding??!!!

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
As far as edgeguarding with Fox, just ledgehog and drophop bair. That's about it.

As far as recovering, Fox's recovery is awful and Marth's edgeguarding is insanely good. If you're recovering high, mix it up. Shoot the firefox even higher (worst option probably), shoot it horizontally, shoot it down to sweet spot the ledge, illusion onto a platform, illusion cancel and drop to the ledge, just do different stuff. If you're recovering low, sweet the ledge as perfectly as possible. If he's lazy and down B counters, you'll be fine, but his dair will just ruin your day if he knows what he's doing. It's completely disjointed and safe and will end you.

Basically, don't get thrown off the stage. Don't even get hit. If you get hit, you'll get comboed, and if you get comboed, you'll either die outright (yay Ken combos) or get really easily edgeguarded.

Humuck

Smash Rookie
As far as edgeguarding with Fox, just ledgehog and drophop bair. That's about it.

As far as recovering, Fox's recovery is awful and Marth's edgeguarding is insanely good. If you're recovering high, mix it up. Shoot the firefox even higher (worst option probably), shoot it horizontally, shoot it down to sweet spot the ledge, illusion onto a platform, illusion cancel and drop to the ledge, just do different stuff. If you're recovering low, sweet the ledge as perfectly as possible. If he's lazy and down B counters, you'll be fine, but his dair will just ruin your day if he knows what he's doing. It's completely disjointed and safe and will end you.

Basically, don't get thrown off the stage. Don't even get hit. If you get hit, you'll get comboed, and if you get comboed, you'll either die outright (yay Ken combos) or get really easily edgeguarded.
Lol, "Don't get hit". You and Isai said it best

Last edited:
Top Bottom