• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need a little help with Wii Fit

Magikarpow

Smash Journeyman
I like Wii Fit Trainer a lot and I use her commonly. But there are few things that I would like to know about Wii Fit from some veterans.

1. How should I take advantage of burying opponent's? Once I get them with my jab I usually just F-Tilt, because it's the safest option, but I feel like I could be doing the Header, the Uair, or the F-Smash (at high percents)

2. Where is the Header's Spike Hitbox? I've gotten people a few times with it, but mostly just guessing where the spike is. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...

3. If someone if right behind me should I jab or F-Tilt?

4. What are just matchups that should NOT be played with Wii Fit?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
1. early percents do an Ftilt, fastest worthy followup to do as they can escape ground fast, mid percents jump and do hearder, 85+% go where they're buried and charge an USmash anticipating their escape.

2. Trainer's head, you can spike without the ball :p

3. jab ends faster in case you missed the hit it's safer, after an Ftilt though you get damage and possibly a follow-up.

4. Pikachu, Villager.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
1. DTIlt is a solid damage building option if you believe the opponent's going to stay buried right after your Jab ends. If not, or you've landed a ground followup and are prepped for chasing in the air, (shorthop) NAir for a quick 14% (or more if you Deep Breathed beforehand).

3. Jab comes out & ends faster, but FTilt CAN KO if the opponent's at 140+%, especially if you Deep Breathed beforehand. You could also try for a hard read with DSmash or FSmash if you're either gutsy or the opening for those really are there.

4. :4duckhunt:, :4kirby:, :4gaw:, :4pikachu:, and other shorties that can duck under a bunch of your moves. In :4duckhunt:'s, his arsenal can also ward off your Headers & Sun Salutations, especially Can & Gunmen (when it's not KO'd), and in :4kirby:'s case, you really don't want to let him either Kirbicide you on a non-walled stage or take your ability, since he'll not only gain a distant approach (& KOs at 150+%) move, but also a way to heal.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
1. early percents do an Ftilt, fastest worthy followup to do as they can escape ground fast, mid percents jump and do hearder, 85+% go where they're buried and charge an USmash anticipating their escape.

2. Trainer's head, you can spike without the ball :p

3. jab ends faster in case you missed the hit it's safer, after an Ftilt though you get damage and possibly a follow-up.

4. Pikachu, Villager.
I can vouch for Villager. He can pocket a cancelled Header and use it as if we hit it, and his neutral/ledge camping game is better than ours.

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
I can vouch for Villager. He can pocket a cancelled Header and use it as if we hit it, and his neutral/ledge camping game is better than ours.
it's hard to avoid Villager's edge guard and bowlings near the ledge, forcing you to either time snapping to the ledge right (in htis case it's terrifying) or recover above

and Villager can take the ball and hide it in his pocket, so you don't have balls for 30 secs :(

and it being small makes this character the worst matchup.

Top Bottom