• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

need a little help/advise

lava mage144

Smash Rookie
from what i heard from reading posts
wolf is.... not one of the best. I am best as wolf i suck at most others
so am i doomed to always lose to my real life friends that use the suposed best character's in brawl? because i love playing as wolf
and if you can will you give me some tips/tricks for how to get better as wolf cause
just fighting level 9s for hours on end is not helping me get better
i hate losing to them >_< p.s i am pretty good with wolf

castorpollux

Smash Champion
not at all. Wolf is a very good character who can beat the best characters in the right hand. Just learn the wolf wall and just adjust ur spacing strategy from there. Just stick with him and u will be able to be competative

lava mage144

Smash Rookie
lol im awesome againts the npc's but against my friends i keep getting wasted i always get ganondorfs foot up my *** yeah my friend always wins

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf shouldn't have problems against Ganondorf. You're faster than him, you have a projectile and you have more range than him overall. His dsmash is a formidable finisher, that works even against heavyweights like him.

Don't spam his fsmash against him (or any other character...) as it leaves you open for quite a while, which is dangerous against a hard hitter like him. You should only use it occasionaly as a "surprise" move (it's still predictable though...). Focus more on your laser and your bair to make use of your superior spacing game and use A,A,A or Shieldgrabs in close combat to rack up damage.

BVA

Smash Apprentice
First of all you shouldn't be playing against Level 9 CPUs. If you're looking for practice don't practice against Level 9s but practice on Level 3 CPUs. Level 3 CPUs have near human reflexes and easy to practice on.

Instead of approaching with smash and lasers you could always do a SHBair. Or full jump bairx2 to minimize your risks of being punished. Also a good approach is the Grab ->D throw->F-tilt->Neut A->shine->F smash.

But the most important thing is to approach with Bairs as it has decent knock back and you can space yourself well enough to not get punished for it.

Top Bottom