• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neat laser trick

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
No, this is not a noob posting. Anyways, I did this by accident in a little practice match against a Lv9 cpu on Frigate Orpheon. Back story aside, this is what I did:

Ledge drop -- double jump -- wall jump -- B-reversal double lasers

It was a pretty neat trick since the wavebounce I got from the B-reversal lasers pushed me back to the stage. I was shooting towards the stage, btw. As far as I know, this is only good for mindgames since lhdl is significantly better. I spent several hours on training mode to make sure what I did wasn't just a glitch. Recreating this was moderately difficult, it gives you a distinct feeling of success once you pull it off.

This can be done on any stage with a wall jump-able surface near the ledge, like Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, and Jungle Japes (very hard) just to name a few. Smashville's ledge has too deep of a slant too wall jump off of. Final Destination makes you grab the ledge if you try to wall jump. Lylat Cruise... don't make me laugh.

If you press backwards during the B-reversal too soon, you will shoot a laser towards the stage with no wavebounce. If you press backwards as the same time you press B, you will illusion (duh). If you press backwards too late, you will laser away from the stage with no wavebounce. The goal is to press backwards between the timing of the last two.

As a final note, lhdl is better, and this looked pretty cool so I thought it was worth sharing. Cookie to the first person to pull this off. Half a cookie to the first person who pulls this off, but only with one laser instead of two.

EDIT: New Challenge: Perform this move on Jungle Japes, twice in a row without fail. Winner gets delicious cake (not the zamus user, actual cake).

Top Bottom