• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Narrowing down a single main character.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I'm one of those people who (in any game with multiple characters) has the unfortunate curse of being extremely indecisive. One minute I main this character, the next minute that character's a pocket and I main this new character. It's not that the character I dropped was bad, I'm just shifting a little bit.

I have tons of characters I like to play as, which are as follows:
Cloud, Corrin, Villager, Dark Pit/Pit, Captain Falcon, Marth (sort of. Still learning), Shulk, Lucas, Toon Link, Greninja, Dr. Mario, and Roy.

Cloud is my current primary main, but as you can see, it's a very diverse list of characters with different play styles and strategies. Some I obviously like more than others, but It's really hard to narrow down a character. And I know the basic things for finding 'Your one true main': Find a character you like, have fun playing, and can win with. But I still can't decide, which creates an atmosphere of 'Jack of All Trades, Master of None'.

How would you narrow down a diverse list like this?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'd say go with Cloud. He's your current primary main, so you have the most experience with him. You can play the other characters in friendlies or in Free For Alls or something like that.

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
I'd say go with the character that not only you are good with, you like, and feels right but a character you have a connection with a character you wouldn't mind playing all there games researching them and the character that sticks out to U the character you immediately knew this is the one if that doesn't work just follow Frizz Frizz 's advice

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
...What the two peeps above said. :) I personally feel like I earned my wins with Dr. Mario. He's so much fun to play with, as well as Rosalina & Luma.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
I recommend fighting one person of equal (or close to equal) skill, and just jumping around the cast every match. That way you can see who you're the best at, and who you like playing the most.

Of course, you could just learn them all, if you want to put in that time and effort.

Last edited:
Top Bottom