• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana Troubles

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble alternating throws in my CG. I use foreward throw to try and do this and my target is smacked too far and I need to run or make Nana run after them. If I happen to regrab them with Nana, she becomes uncooperative and dosn't follow my throw commands. She randomly throws the opponent, her favorites are up throw and back throw when I need her to forward throw. Any tips? Do I need to desynch before I attempt this? If so what's a quick desynch technique? Please help me tune my ICs.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Yeah i have troubles with it as well. but iv just gone with the Down Throw it seems to work best with a short dash.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
I can do the down throw infinite, but it's really hard for me to do them under pressure.I usually get one or two, with a few smashes mixed in.

When you throw the opponent forward, don't run. just nudge the analog to make Nana go a bit farther, to put her in a position to regrab. You don't need to desync, but a good way is to pivot a charged f-smash.

Did it help?

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Havn't tested it out yet, will later. Kind of busy right now. Thanks for everyone's help. How do you control Nana's throw? She loves messing me up.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Yeah, you guys, Nana has a range when it comes to the commanding. If she is out of your range of syncing, she will go into AI mode where she will just become a computer... You have to hit the forward command on the stick just light enough so that you don't run but hard enough so that you can get a throw done while making Nana move. Just imagine yourself doing a forward tilt but instead of pressing the A button, press the grab button on the right time. Also, the sounds of the grab should help you. Once you successfully make a grab, listen to the pattern of sounds that occur when you throw and try to recreate them while timing your grabs. This should help.

bentleet

Smash Rookie
DemonicTrilogy pretty much hit it right on the nose. The character you are fighting against is very important as well. Metaknight, lucas and ness are extremely hard to use the forward regrab method on. For them I use the down throw regrab, and the down throw to nana fair mixups.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
I am practicing on Bowser and Wolf. I'm trying to surprise my friends. I recently re-picked up IC's and used to main them in Melee. I want to punish this one guy with a huge ego with their CG.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not just using them for CG's. Like I said, I used to main 'em in Melee and are pretty good with them. I didn't know about CG's, but was good. Now I want to take them up to the next level by CG.

@DemonicTrilogy: Thanks so much for that! I practiced yesterday and got a good idea on how to do it. Thanks again!

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
You are doing ok right now. If you learn how to use a short hopped Blizzard, it might be all you need to know for now on Wi FI Brawl. People can't really do chain grabs and stuff because of the lag so if you are struggling, DON'T GET ANGRY. The lag messes everyone up. Most people who are Ice Climbers are doing brawl live instead of wi fi. Also, you might just want to do more aerial approaches where you short hop and do something like a back air since it is pretty decent in damage. Other than that, practice your chain grabs and you should do fine.

Your secondary characters were better than my characters..... That's kind of side for my part. You do great with Olimar and Ivysaur (both tether grapple people which makes me wonder if that has to do anything with why you chose them...)

The reason why it took so long was because I had to hook everything up again....
I had to leave since I only could play for one hour.
I would love to try to verse you again tomorrow if thati s possible. Till then, just keep trying and you will succeed.

Top Bottom