• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nana lets me die.

Taylor

Smash Cadet
I sure like it when Nana jumps out after me when I'm off the edge so recovery is much better.

I sure don't like it when I'm directly under the edge, and Nana grabs it a milisecond before I hit UpB, which just dies.

What have you guys done to handle this?

C. Hill

Smash Rookie
Ultimately, you're just going to have to force yourself to be that much more conscious about recovering--i.e. knowing where your opponent is, knowing exactly where both of your ice climbers are, and using your familiarity with Nana's AI to try and get an idea of where she might be headed on her own. Sometimes it's just unavoidable that you'll have to be overly conservative and extra careful with your recovery, since it could be the difference between getting back to the stage and watching both Popo and Nana do the solo up-B animation.

Then again, sometimes you're just gonna have to bend over, spread your legs, and accept it. Ice Climbers pretty much run **** when they're on the stage, there's really only so much any of us can say about their less than admirable performance off the stage.

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
(somewhat relating)

sometimes, when Popo gets hit of the stage, Nana jumps toward him, but ends up DIRECTLY under Popo, and just falls to her death. I have to fastfall to get to her. Why does this happen?

Top Bottom