• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Names of Miis showing up in the battle HUD?

Do you think the Mii's names will show up in the HUD?

• Yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If you mean HUD as in the character select screen, then I don't so, unless it is the "Enter Your Name" Option. I think the character icons will just say generic stuff like: "Brawler" "Swordsmen" "Gunner".

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
If you mean HUD as in the character select screen, then I don't so, unless it is the "Enter Your Name" Option. I think the character icons will just say generic stuff like: "Brawler" "Swordsmen" "Gunner".
Like when you're in a fight and it shows "Mario" at the bottom with the damage and portrait.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't. Calling them by their class would kind of break immersion. (Not to mention they're called by name in every other game they appear in, including Mario Kart.)

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think the game will just identify them by the type they are.

D

Deleted member

I think it's going to be like this: ''Mii Fighter,'' ''Mii Swordfighter,'' and ''Mii Gunner''.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
If it's just text I don't see why it would be impossible. & This is a game already full of little details like changing colors on revival platforms. Mii names doesn't sound too far fetched for another detail.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
^Exactly. Plus, the names under battle portraits might run like a MSBIN that Brawl had instead of a texture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom