• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Name change

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I realize this isn’t exactly Olimar info but hopefully you will all forgive me.

Ok so recently I was contacted by another player who goes by Echo from Nebraska. We have known about each other for a while but it hadn't been a problem until recently. With the guide and all the videos I have been putting he has being contacted a lot about Olimar stuff. Well he had the name first so I think I am going to change mine. I am posting about this in the Olimar forums because you guys are the ones who know me best (maybe not personally, but over smashboards) so I decided I would like to get your opinions. By the way for the time being I changed all tags to -Echo-

Some ideas I've had are:
  • NC-Echo
  • Apollo-Echo
  • Ricochet

I am leaning towards Ricochet right now.

None of these names are taken so any would work.

Get back to me on what you think cause I am probably gonna make the change very soon.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunate, but what can you do =/ I'd agree with wiseguy's reasoning, unless your doing this with a mod or some option I'm unaware of, keeping echo would hopefully cut back on confusion for the clueless. In reality though, its a tag =P Just go with what you like. In a week or two, especially since brawl will suddenly be available to the masses, people are going to forget you used to have -Echo- and just be used to the new one.

One thing I would consider, not sure how this would be done, but somehow changing the name on the guide could be a big deal. I just envision people referencing "Echo's Guide" and then you making a comment, and they not knowing the situation ignore you or whatever, I wouldn't underestimate the stupidity and confusion of people even here. Of course it would only come from the new people around who didn't know you now, but I expect (and am already starting to see) a lot more traffic once the game is released, and a lot of those people aren't going to be like the group we have now usually willing to look/read/understand before posting. Theres some good discussion in the 4 pages or whatever following the guide, but copying the guide and reposting it under the new name could cut potential losses, we should just go through those few pages and note anything important in them.

Anyway, just my thoughts on it all, Echo really is a cool name unlucky you were beaten to it here. Just a name though, and look what became of names like sephirothken and GimpyFish =P

-True

Florida

イーグランツ
egruntz's Follower

._.Out of the ones you have listed, I like "NC-Echo" best.

Echo

Smash Champion
I would have voted for Ricochet, or Apollo.
or any of the ones posted above?? lol

Top Bottom