• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair help

Reflectiion

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there's any ticks/trips/advice on how to effectively input nairs.
Many people say shorthop nairs on certain characters are good approaches, but I'm having trouble maintaining horizontal velocity when I try and use a nair. Doing fairs and bairs while moving in the air is no problem because I can just use the c-stick, but I want to learn how to incorporate more nairs into my gameplay.

Sorry if this is a noob question, just looking for some tips from those who are more experienced.

Last edited:

Soul.

I think that's because momentum from a dash doesn't go to the jump. This happened in Brawl.
You can run → NAir under certain circumstances. You can also shield, short hop / full hop (depends on character) and use NAir. This is called out of shield NAir.
You can start by doing this in Training Mode. Hope I helped.

edit: You could try practicing dashing NAirs with a character like Falcon.

Last edited:

GFD

Smash Cadet
Wario main here. I rely on his aerials a lot, and I've found setting the right stick to "Attack" is the most useful setup for me. Using "Smash Attack" has this bizarre consequence where holding the stick in a direction will nullify your movement inputs; since Wario decelerates in the air so quickly, this is a huge problem for him. Thankfully, "Attack" doesn't have this idiosyncrasy. Additionally (and more relevant to this thread), "Attack" also makes diagonal inputs perform Attack with no directionality. I thought this was a detriment at first, but it makes performing neutral aerials while moving incredibly simple. This is more easily input while using a GameCube controller or a Classic Controller (Pro), since it has that octagonal shape you can use as a reference for where to move the stick. It takes a bit of getting used to, though - sometimes I still catch myself trying to use the right stick to perform running up smashes.

Top Bottom