• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair -> Footstool combo help

KingHerpOfDerp

Smash Cadet
So I've been trying to do the footstool combo and all I get is jumping off of sheik's head when I try. Any help?

Rubiss

Smash Cadet
Try moving in the direction of your opponent during the Nair. You want to fast fall at the apex of your jump. Some people mash out the jump button to ensure you get the footstool as soon as possible. If you're jumping off of Sheik's head, then you are doing it too late.

TheRealDonquavious

Smash Cadet
When performing Nair footstools, make sure to get as far into your opponents hitbox and to perform the Nair as close to the ground as possible. Both of these will make your footstools harder to escape and easier to perform. Also, Nair footstools are ridiculously character dependent. Fastfallers are much harder to footstool after Nair and require more percent before it starts working at all. I would recommend Mario for Nair footstool practice, he is not too floaty and not a fastfaller.

Top Bottom