• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair Dropping: You can buffer a fastfall with Nair using the easiest input in the game.

itrombe

Smash Cadet
NNID
itrombe
This is probably already known, but posting in case it's not. If it's not, I don't have a capture card, so go ahead and milk that sweet, sweet youtube ad $$ before mysmashcorner does :V

First, tilt attack is a must, as a diagonal input on the right stick will throw out a nair.

Jump, then, at the same time as rolling/tapping down on left stick, flick thumb off jump to diagonal on c-stick. Nair comes out at the exact same frame as fastfall, where trying to jcff into nair the standard way always means there's at least one frame between the fastfall and nair since you're moving the left stick back to neutral.

There are two sets of thumb position that make this simple and literally the easiest tech in the game:

1: Left thumb held left/right for desired movement and right thumb holding jump,

2: Left thumb shifted downward, right thumb moved to c-stick diagonal (up-right on WiiU Pro, down-left on GCC/Classic Controller).

Swapping between those two positions, you CAN NOT flub this tech because if you don't throw out Nair's hitbox, you autocancel.

You can either use this offensively, with Nair's hitbox, or abuse Nair's autocancel window (pre-frame 5) to do a pseudo-wavedash that lands you sooner than a regular grounded float release and is spammable. Choosing to throw the hitbox out, Peach takes 12 frames of landing lag, more than Sheik fair (so don't use vs Sheik) but otherwise relatively safe.

On the topic of Sheik, this allows a true 60% combo on her, ZSS, and probably some others in the cast unless they tech dtilt: Dtilt, Nairdrop, Dtilt, Nairdrop, grab(can pummel once at minimum), dthrow, and bair -- if they DI up instead of away, then you can uair for either more damage or a risky FF uair to continue the combo.

Nairdrop->Dtilt CAN ALSO SPIKE at the ledge. I've only done it once, against a Wario, and the dude hates me so no replay, but it's possible.

Other uses are for edgeguarding: hop into Nairdrop, facing either direction, then use 2nd jump and upB to recover afterward.

This **** also has the side effect of making you look technical as ****, when it actually takes less effort than playing Luigi.

Have fun!

Last edited:

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I don't get how I should make the right thumb reach the c-stick considering that on my GCC the X is set to jump.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Finally got the timing down with :GCRT: wich is my primary tool for jumping.
Basically the exact sequence is:
:GCR:>:GCRT:>release:GCRT:>(:GCDR::GCD::GCCDL:)
Very thankful for sharing this, unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make a video on it anytime shortly.

itrombe

Smash Cadet
NNID
itrombe
Oh neat how did you do those button prompt icons?

Top Bottom