• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair banana grab

paOol

Smash Apprentice
yes.
you can also dodge in the air and i believe that grabs items as well.

paOol

Smash Apprentice
np,.

it doesn't have to be Nair either.
i've grabbed items in the air before using Fair and i wouldn't be surprised if Bair worked as well. and Uair as well.

Vro

Smash Lord
An attack that connects with any item will usually result in grabbing it. This is true for Peach with her turnips (particularly Turnip -> Fair).

I've been catching my bananas with back air. If anyone knows of a faster or more consistent way, let me know.

saberhof

Smash Master
the only thing that sucks, its that when the attack you and your throwing a banana they are able to catch it themselves out of the attack =(...paool your a good diddy, any timing that bananas should be thrown at, maybe you could create a thread explaining the banana physics up until now.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I've been using air-dodges to grab mine, but I've been planning on taking some time in training mode to learn other ways to do it. like Vro said, it appears that all dash-attacks and air-attacks for all characters can grab items. This makes things a lot different than in Melee, and provides the opportunity for some all-new strategies.

In all honesty, items in general appear to be focused on a lot more in this game. Maybe playing battles with some of the less-powerful throwing items from time to time would improve skill on a tournament level, especially for characters that don't have natural items. ;)

pesticide

Smash Lord
ive just been using the z button to grab the bananas out of the air. i didnt realized that all air attacks grabbed them....

actually, now that i think about it. i guess i did do that a couple of times...

FerretStyle

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty, items in general appear to be focused on a lot more in this game. Maybe playing battles with some of the less-powerful throwing items from time to time would improve skill on a tournament level, especially for characters that don't have natural items. ;)
With all of the characters that have grabbable items built-in (Diddy, Peach, Wario, Snake, ROB, probably others) practicing probably isn't a bad idea.

Top Bottom