• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair AI Stuff

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
i don't think this was talked about as much as it should in the main thread and thought it deserved its own thread

so nair as an AI seems extremely promising, with only the strong hit of nair being active before it is interrupted with only 6 frames of lag. so what kinds of followups and setups can pichu get is the question.

up throw can lead into it at low-mid %. probably short hop uair at low %. this could probably also be cheesed into with a high fair to fastfall through the platform and then AI. up smash against spacies / falcon with missed tech / tech chase could work. up tilt would definitely be fantastic at low-mid % against nearly everyone, higher for spacies but w/e that's what other stuff is for. nair AI edgecancel into a platoform warp with up air or autocancel nair could work but that stuff is ridiculously hard and even i am not 20xx enough for it (maybe because i'd rather do fox stuff now but w/e).

nair AI > up throw > nair is obvious and nice. could also do up tilt but that's just basic stuff. pivot up smash might work. fair cheese maybe at higher % when they get sent farther but might as well do a weak nair into fair. would be especially great if in the position to edge cancel the nair. i'm sort of confused about what to do when they get knocked of the platform from the AI nair. if edgecanceled, nair could probably lead into other stuff but i'd probably want weak nair at mid-high %.

Little ShOcKeR

Smash Cadet
I found that depending on how peach/marth DI(only ones I've actually done this against) you can nair them (at 50% is when I got it) then you can run up and jab for an extra like 20% then get the grab/smash (nearly kill them or do kill them). You can also nair into jab reset fair, for ultimate cuteness combo wombo power! And then I'm not sure what percent but I've gotten (against falco) falling up air jump falling fair up tilt nair. (all of these combos I've done multiple times against actual people.) And what is an AI nair? I probably didn't help your question but what evs.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
most of that stuff is standard. never thought about jab but it sounds gimmicky. AI stands for aerial interrupt. it's what happens when characters move downward even though they have upward velocity, so you can land on platforms by using them to move down and land. samus gets utility from this for platform movement, since her up air has an AI which autocancels. pichu's should be really good because it has nair's strong hitbox and only 6 frames of lag. it's also probably the fastest way for pichu to land on platforms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom