• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N64/PSX Adapter Help

Dash_Fox

Smash Ace
Yo matt wtf where have you been? We need our PPS crew glory back online!!

Oh, I have the same addaptor, I got it for Christmas.

I know how to fix it, follow these instructions, you're going to feel really dumb afterwards, btw. (I did, I couldn't get it to work for... 4 months).

1. Go to control pannel
2. Go to your game controllers
3.Go to your controllers Properties
4. Find the "Settings" tab
5. CALIBRATE your controller.

If this doesn't help, EFF around with the settings in all your controller menu's until it works.

Hope this helps. :p

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
And in case you still have problems, maybe I can help too. My PSX/N64 adapter goes crazy if I don't also have a PSX controller plugged in, even though I don't play with it. But it will send random button presses to my computer unless I have the PSX controller plugged in. Doesn't sound like that's your problem, but just thought I'd throw in the tip just in case, as it has happened to lots of people.

-MR

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yep, just calibrate your controller in windows. Also, lower the deadzone and use the NRAGE input plugin.

MattNF

Smash Lord
darth: I didn't want to play smash with the keyboard anymore, so I decided to stop playing. :p I'm back now =D

I tried what you said and it seems to be working now. But what is the Z-Axis? its telling me to move it up and down. I just figured it was the analog stick.

Mario: I was having the same thing with the random button presses earlier, but I changed controllers(to a worse one) and it worked fine.

umbra: I tried the nrage plugin and nothing worked so I went back to the default one. Also, any reccomendations for the deadzone level?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Yeah Matt, you have to calibrate NRAGE a little bit to get to to work. Nothing too complicated really. I listed the steps in my troubleshooting guide.

Top Bottom