• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

N64 Kongo Jungle

Wild Card 782

Smash Rookie
I don't understand why it isn't used more in doubles. It's obviously too campy in singles but it is a perfect stage for doubles. It doesn't seem to be picked anymore though. I think it's still a doubles counterpick but I don't think it's used that much. And the barrel can't be too big of a deal because it's about as useful as the cloud on Yoshi's Story and that's legal. So is there a real reason people don't play on it anymore in competitive 2v2 matches?

GhostM

Phantom
It’s not picked anymore because it’s banned in most tourneys, but you can sometimes counter pick to it. Kongo Jungle is one of those weird stages with gimmicks such as the barrel that you can use to escape edgeguarding, and the fact that you can recover through the floor onto the stage which eliminates the edgeguarding potential, + the silly platforms and just how unfamiliar most people are when playing the stage is the reason why it’s not really picked anymore.

Top Bottom