• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MySpace/Facebook connections!

Which site do you use?

• I use only MySpace.

Votes: 31 33.7%
  • I use only Facebook.

Votes: 23 25.0%
  • I use both, but prefer MySpace.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I use both, but prefer Facebook.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I use both and love both!

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Online networks suck.

Votes: 27 29.3%

• Total voters

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Sidenote: anyone else notice that Drake Miriel's elitist sig has an error even though it boasts grammatical perfection? Dont isn't a word. Don't is a contraction.

I just found it really funny.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
though I haven't heard of facebook, I can't imagine I'd like it. A bunch of people who can barely type pouring over the incessant minuatiae of every daily event angers me more than anything.
Uh facebook really isn't much like myspace. It's for college people and beyond to stay in touch. There's no blogging or anything and most (if not all) people can type.

edit: whoa "Sponsor" has been replaced by a 'Sponsored Links' section between posts.

Drake_Miriel

Smash Cadet
Sidenote: anyone else notice that Drake Miriel's elitist sig has an error even though it boasts grammatical perfection? Dont isn't a word. Don't is a contraction.

I just found it really funny.
Heh, never noticed that.
And I wouldn't call it elitist or grammatical perfection. But honestly, "rolfmao pwnt 2 teh maxxorz n00b" is ********.

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
Hmmm... I really wanted to put "I use both and am indifferent," but that wasn't a choice. So, I had to say I love both. Whatever.

Also, I'd have to agree with GoldShadow here, they really aren't exactly the same. One is more to keep up with how some of your friends are doing (and what they're doing) in college. While the other is for getting really creepy friend requests from.

Drake_Miriel

Smash Cadet
What's wrong with 1337 pwnage?
What isn't? It's a mix of a thousand ******** "orz" at the end of words, numbers in place of letters, and chatspeak thrown in for that extra moron touch. I think a sinmple "You're an idiot" gets the message by a lot better than "u phail at teh netzorz n00b". Aside from that, it's more headache-inducing and kills more brain cells than ebonics.

ANd it's not promoting gramatical perfection or bashing typos, as almost all people have typos if they don't spell-check it. It's simply saying that 1337-speak is stupid.

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
Actually I think "leet" or w/e you call it, isn't spoken by morons much anymore(As far as computer goes, not gaming)

99% of that kinda talk is done by me and other users when we are making fun of the talk

And there's nothing wrong with gramatical errors, since the sig itself had one, and the guy above me spelled simple, "sinmple"

So ya.

And ebonics don't killl braincells homie. It's the speech of da streets, that ya wanna use but can't, YO!

Ehem...

That's like saying country red-necks speech is braindamaging

Hyper-Link

Smash Ace
lol, wow. Luckily I never had that problem

*Envisions King of the Hill type characters*

*shudders*

I'm glad I live on the south side of Chicago

All I gotta worry about are crackwhores talkin to me when I left school one time, or being hit by a randomn bullet:embarrass

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I use Facebook because it's not as ugly as Myspace's templates.
And i personally think that myspace is for emo kids.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I used to have something on a website similar to those, about 5 or 6 years ago. It is where i posted fictional stories and poems that I wrote, because I knew that no one would really give a crap about my life enough to read about it. Anyway, I found it sad that no one seemed to realize that it was fiction. I got many responses such as "your friends sound so cool, I wish I knew how to teleport!"

Eventually, there was one annoying posting trend that happened there, after about a month of being on the site. People spammed my page with advertisements to read an anti-suicide chain letter. So, I wrote a pro-suicide chain letter that was a parody of theirs, and spammed every single person who spammed my page with it. I received approximately 50 pieces of hate mail in one day, just from the pro-suicide letter. And many more general messages such as "you are one disturbed individual."

I might join myspace, because my boyfriend has one himself. But right now, I don't see much of a point because the layout of the site is terrible for what I'd want to do with it.

Top Bottom