• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MySmashCorner made a new Luigi vid!

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiD47IdNGLY

I was gonna do a guide myself but this is way better. I never thought of using Uthrow on fast fallers. Hope you guys enjoy the vid and hopefully I'm not posting in the wrong place and it hasnt been posted yet..

sims796

Smash Cadet
I love this vid. I've been free styling Luigi's combos lately, so it's good to have a better base point to work from.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Here's all of the information he had in the description but organized with screen shots from the video to better understand what the "weight classes" were coming from, as most were not correlated to the character's actual weight class.

I suggest copying it all, with the pictures, and pasting it into your "Notes" app on your phone in case you come across a match-up you aren't particularly practiced in.

----NEW LUIGI 1.1.2 THROW COMBOS-----

*********************************************************************************************************************

*********************************************************************************************************************

***Important note: These weights are based only on how far the opponent is launched after Luigi's down
throw. And follow ups that are possible against the characters in these classes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fast fallers:
0-10:
Mix up: up throw - fair - fair/uair - grab - dthrow - dair - nair - up smash/uair/2 fairs/bair

0-10:
dthrow - up-b

10-40:
dthrow - dair - ff nair - aerial/u-smash

40-50:
dthrow - fair - fair

60-80:
dthrow - bair/uair/dair (uair is easiest)

80-100:
dthrow - dj bair
dthrow - dj uair
dthrow - dj dair

~85%
dthrow - upb if no DI

100-115:
dthrow - uair

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Light weight:
0-15%:
dthrow - fair - nair
mix up: up throw - fair - dair - dthrow - fair - fair

15-20:
dthrow - fair - fair - dj fair

30-50:
dthrow - fh fair fair

50-100:
dthrow - uair
dthrow - cyclone

100+:
dthrow - cyclone mix up

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medium weight:
0-20%:
dthrow - fair - nair

20-30%:
dthrow - dair - ff nair - usmash

30 - 40:
dthrow - fair - uair

40-70:
dthrow - fh dj fair - fair

70-110:
dthrow - u-air
dthrow - cyclone

110+:
d-throw - cyclone mix up

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heavy Weight:
0-20%:
D-throw - dair
dthrow - fair - ff nair to further strings

20%-30%:
dthrow - dair - ff nair - usmash

35%:
dthrow - fair - ff uair - fair

40-50:
dthrow - fair - uair

50-70:
dthrow - fair - fair

70-100:
dthrow - bair
dthrow - uair

130+:
dthrow - cyclone mix up

:awesome:

Last edited:

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
FUEGO, can I use that for a guide im making?

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
Here's all of the information he had in the description but organized with screen shots from the video to better understand what the "weight classes" were coming from, as most were not correlated to the character's actual weight class.
Thank you FUEGO you're amazing!

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Probably a better idea to ask MySmashCorner to be honest, but I personally have no issues, go ahead from my end.
Well youre the one who made the whole screenshot thing so I was asking you xD I'm still giving people their credit in such in the guide. It should be out by Thursday hopefully.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Well, that's really cool. It's good to know that my last contribution to Luigi helped out. I honestly have been having a hard time wanting to play him since the nerf. I didn't even use the kill set-ups, but it's the low percent stuff that really sealed it for me. He's just not fun to me anymore. Probably gonna end up going back to Falcon (My secondary next to Weegee on 3ds)...we'll see after my tournament tomorrow, weegee may get me an un expected win, but I honestly just gotta play what's fun right now to me rather than the meta.

Last edited:

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
I felt the same way but I kept on with him and honestly, he still has some devastating combos from 0% and still my favorite plumber. The only MU I have a hard time with him is the Sheik/Yoshi//Villager ones. Everyone else I can handle and I normally get top 8 in tourneys. Yesterday went to one and got 2nd place and lost in GF cause well Sheik...

Just don't give up on him yet, make him a secondary character and use him for the lolz till you enjoy him again.

Last edited:

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
I felt the same way but I kept on with him and honestly, he still has some devastating combos from 0% and still my favorite plumber. The only MU I have a hard time with him is the Sheik/Yoshi//Villager ones. Everyone else I can handle and I normally get top 8 in tourneys. Yesterday went to one and got 2nd place and lost in GF cause well Sheik...

Just don't give up on him yet, make him a secondary character and use him for the lolz till you enjoy him again.
Thanks for that. I think he's just gonna go to the bench for a little bit until I think I need him again.

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
Seems like a very useful vid. Recently i've been just trying to improvise combos which hasn't been working very well. The weight class information is very useful. Though some of the combos with Up-Air look like they're gonna be difficult with tap jump on......

Xephilon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2294-3812-5736
Seems like a very useful vid. Recently i've been just trying to improvise combos which hasn't been working very well. The weight class information is very useful. Though some of the combos with Up-Air look like they're gonna be difficult with tap jump on......
Hence why I always keep tap jump off, makes it easier on my life to jump/do aerials/Utilts.

Also FUEGO! FUEGO! Guide is almost done! I need to fix the formatting, add the whole "Neutral/Lose Neutral/Won Neutral" sections and it should be ready to go. I'd appreciate it if you and the other users check it out when its done. This is gonna be my first REAL and thought out guide so it'd be cool if I can get some criticism and what to add/change.

Top Bottom