• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my yoshi

Peffico

Smash Rookie
I like it try not to rely too much on the egg roll. Also Lucas could be easily chain grabbed. I suggest you might wanna check up on that cuz it is awesome. Also maybe try to mix up the approach a bit maybe more back aerials. Other than that most of the stuff you learn is from practice so good luck :).

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
-Nice spike.
-Like Peffico said, avoid using egg roll too much; it's punishable. You especially want to avoid breaking out of egg roll right next to your opponent (0:50).
-When the opponent is at low percentages, you shouldn't use dash attack because your opponent can counterattack before your attack animation ends (0:14).
-I'd also advise against using down-B to get back down to the ground (even though you did it successfully at 1:34), unless you're trying to grab the edge. That said, the aerial down-B at 1:31 was fine because the Lucas was still in his PK thunder lag.
-At 2:20, I thought you had many better options than shielding, especially considering how high Lucas jumped. You usually want to avoid using Yoshi's shield unless you have no other choice (if the opponent is using a long-lasting move, like Marth's side-b and Zelda's upsmash). His oos options are generally terrible (slow roll, 16-frame shield drop lag, and a slow (17-frame?) shield grab). Instead of shielding there, you could have spotdodged, run away, egg-toss slide (which falls under running away), pivot grabbed, or run in and upsmashed.
-Eggs are a nice projectile. Use them when you have some distance between you and your enemy and when he's getting back to the stage.
-Pivot grabs are a good defensive option; back away from their attack, while grabbing them, which also leads into chaingrabs and other grab-release fun (depending on the character).

I second Peffico's offering of good luck. :)

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
-Nice spike.
-Like Peffico said, avoid using egg roll too much; it's punishable. You especially want to avoid breaking out of egg roll right next to your opponent (0:50).
-When the opponent is at low percentages, you shouldn't use dash attack because your opponent can counterattack before your attack animation ends (0:14).
-I'd also advise against using down-B to get back down to the ground (even though you did it successfully at 1:34), unless you're trying to grab the edge. That said, the aerial down-B at 1:31 was fine because the Lucas was still in his PK thunder lag.
-At 2:20, I thought you had many better options than shielding, especially considering how high Lucas jumped. You usually want to avoid using Yoshi's shield unless you have no other choice (if the opponent is using a long-lasting move, like Marth's side-b and Zelda's upsmash). His oos options are generally terrible (slow roll, 16-frame shield drop lag, and a slow (17-frame?) shield grab). Instead of shielding there, you could have spotdodged, run away, egg-toss slide (which falls under running away), pivot grabbed, or run in and upsmashed.
-Eggs are a nice projectile. Use them when you have some distance between you and your enemy and when he's getting back to the stage.
-Pivot grabs are a good defensive option; back away from their attack, while grabbing them, which also leads into chaingrabs and other grab-release fun (depending on the character).

I second Peffico's offering of good luck. :)

lol thanks guys, but which throw is a chain grab by yoshi...up, down , or forward?

Gindler

Smash Champion
My only recommendation is try not to ever stand still, I'm always running, in the air, or throwing eggs.

lol thanks guys, but which throw is a chain grab by yoshi...up, down , or forward?
Grab release, you chew let them break out then dashgrab them when they break out

speeding sonic

Smash Apprentice
My only recommendation is try not to ever stand still, I'm always running, in the air, or throwing eggs.

Grab release, you chew let them break out then dashgrab them when they break out
i see, other than that, you think i'm good with him?

Top Bottom