• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My tournament sets in need of Critique

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
Title says it all, here are the 2 sets I had against Eggman at my P:M weeklies. Feedback very welcome!!

Last edited:

saberhof

Smash Master
Crouch cancel the Fireballs more into down tilts at low % like in the second match at the beginning , he was punishing you hard with his balls.

maybe more Dtilts overall in this match up, from the looks of it, luigi can crouch cancel most of luigis ground work.

no more egg/edgecancels vs this guy hahah xD

just some of my thoughts :3

waifumagnet

Smash Rookie
I can't say much in the form of Yoshi specific stuff but #1 rule when fighting a Luigi: Whenever Luigi is getting combo'd, they will always, always, always n-air/ d-air out of it. Usually n-air because it comes out faster and will trade with many attacks, even outprioritize them.

So what you wanna do is space yourself accordingly. When you combo a Luigi, combo from the sides and be wary of n-air. Either that or bait it out because literally 90% of the time, Luigis will try to n-air out of a combo.

tysquirt

Smash Rookie
Honestly, that side b is killing you. If you need to reposition, try using a combination of wavelands and dashdancing. F-tilts are your friend, and understand that it's not always a good idea to egg spam from ledge vs some characters. All around, you make really good use of your spacing, but you don't really have a solid approach. Double jump cancelled attacks are always fun, but even try changing your attacks up by doing a dashgrab. I myself picked up yoshi, and the unique thing about him is how he can travel through the air. And use that d-air more. It has really high damage potential and can usually be followed up with a jab reset into grab or an up tilt/f-tilt. Either way, just keep playing. You'll get there man.

Top Bottom