• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My thoughts for the Wii U Tablet= "Troll God" mode and Enhanced Stage Editor

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm pretty bored, so I felt like making a smash 4 topic. I've thought about how they would implement the tablet into the wii u game, and here's 2 ways I feel the Tablet could be used to great effect.

"Troll God" mode.
This is my nickname for it, but its quite simple. Its a regular 2-4 person smash match, but an addition person uses the tablet and is the "troll god". He has the power to summon any item onto the field in any location he wants. In addition, he could manipulate special things on each stage, like when transitions happen. Or, if its a pictochat v2 stage, draw the next transformations manually. This obviously wouldn't be a competitive mode, but based on the hilarity I've seen with super mario bros U, which you can do something similar, this would result in hours of hilarity.

Enhanced Stage Editor.
Pretty straight forward. Tablet allows for increased detail and functions with a stage editor, including the power to draw custom platforms/layouts, or even background and scenery.

Discuss away and post your thoughts about it :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The "troll god" idea would be hilarious indeed. I mean, who wouldn't love to summon a massive amount of Hammers, given they are one of the rarest items?

And the stage builder idea is something most agree. The gamepad is the best way to improve the stage builder by providing more freedom in customizing your stages. The 3DS touch screen could serve the same purpose.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The touvhscreen will (hopefully) allow us to place objects anywhere without being confined to a grid.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think... if the stages are built around this concept, it could be very fun. Most stages have some level of interactivity, and that would need to be expanded upon. To the point where maybe the tablet-player could influence things that normal players couldn't even encounter. Like, I dunno, imagine if Melee's Yoshi stage had knob OR WHATEVER, inaccessible by normal players, that the tablet-player could spin to influence the speed and direction of that little cloud. THOUGH, there would have to be some sort of limitation to the amount of influence they could have... otherwise it would really get in the way.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You should change "Troll God" mode into "Hades" mode.

"It gives me such pleasure to see you suffer, Pitty Pat."

Anyway's, I can definitely see the hilarity that will ensure through that. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You should change "Troll God" mode into "Hades" mode.

LOL Hades mode. That would be epic if it was really called that. Especially if it had Hades talking in the middle of the battle, trolling and giving silly nicknames to the characters. :awesome:

"It gives me such pleasure to see you suffer, Pitty Pat." :awesome:

Fixed for accuracy.

I miss the troll face icon... :c

We all do.

Anyway's, I can definitely see the hilarity that will ensure through that. :p
Responses in bold.

You know, this also reminds me of New Super Mario Bros. U's feature.

And now... to honor everyone's favorite troll god, Hades:
[collapse="Hades, Lord of the Underworld"]
[/collapse]

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

A troll pic donated by Young Horsetail. :awesome:
It's not a smiley, but is a nice work-around for the time being.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Hades mode? How about Hades being playable? lol

I soooo wanna see Ganondorf vs Hades. Oh my.. I will just die laughing lolol

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd rather have Medusa if we get a playable Kid Icarus villain, but hey. Hades being playable is cool too.

Anyway's... Back to topic...

@Falkoopa Ah thank you, now I can finally have my reply the way I wanted it to be.

vicgur

Smash Ace
Troll God Mode [or Mischief Mode, as I like to call it] is a great, beautiful idea.
I think I talked about that idea once or twice around here.

Being able to spawn any item, anywhere can be a huge responsibility, that I would gladly ignore.
You know what else could be fun? Controlling the path of the Smash Ball.
And yeah, a Swapnote/Pictochat/Miiverse stage would be mandatory to use this feature.

That would be he best case asymmetric gameplay created by WiiU's Gamepad.
I support it. A lot.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Would definitely love this. Would be so much fun.

Tablet user could spawn items wherever and whenever they want, choose which Pokemon and assist trophy characters are summoned (think of all the Wobbuffet and Resetti)

Control the stage. (Choose the Shy Guy kart formations on Mario Kart stage, control the planes on Corneria) the possibilities are endless! And even specific stage builder stages catered to this mode.

There could be a mode where the tablet user tries to KO everyone while they struggle to stay alive for a certain timelimit, or a bomb mode where they control where bombs drop.

Or even they could control a boss, say Master Hand. They have unique controls catered to the tablet and try to KO the other players.

Top Bottom