• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Technical Romance - A Competitive Melee Story For Competitive Players

Space Mercutio

Smash Rookie
I've already shared this on Reddit and such.

I've been working on a story about competitive Smash Bros. It's my first work of original fiction, and I mean to make it as good as I possibly can, which is why I'm posting here. I have the permissions on Google Drive shared to 'can view', so you can all critique in the comments.

Now, about the story. Think The Smash Brothers (yes, I was a post-documentary fanboy, though very late), but remove Ken. Remove Isai. Remove PC Chris, KDJ, M2K, Chillin, Chu, everyone. Then, start over with new people. That's what this is: a re-imagining of what the old-school Smash scene could have been like, starting with 2004 and finishing up with EVO '07. (At least, that's my plan.)

I've finished a rough draft of Chapter 1 of the story in my notebook, and as I write it out on Drive I'll add detail/remove errors as I find them and (hopefully) as you find them as well. I want to make this as good as I possibly can, and I can't do it without people who want to read it.

So this is where you come in. The link is here.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reads!

Top Bottom