• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My tech skills suck but I love Peach what tech skills should I priorities learning

Mmega

Smash Rookie
As I said my tech skills are near nill I can barely short hop consistently

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Luckily, Peach isn't terribly high execution. Learn to float cancel and JC Grab, as both are important in most matchups. Learning turnip tricks is somewhat important, like glide tossing, and AGT. Each isn't really very tech-skill heavy, but they are all important, as they combine to make Peach really scary. Learning to control your Float height is one of the more important facets of movement with Peach. Learn to L-Cancel as well, as you don't always have the ability to float cancel. I hope this helps, and feel free to ask further questions, as there arent enough Peach mains :)

Mmega

Smash Rookie
Sorry this may sound stupid but what is a JC grab? And how is it you can control glide height I see so many peaches float inches about ground level and i cant seem to do it. Are there any video guides or anything that you recommend? Thanks!

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
JC Grab is Jump Cancelled Grab. http://youtu.be/4n4s5yB7ZkE this video series will teach you all of the imprtant universal advanced techs. You can control float height by holding down before you float. To do the float where she is on the ground, just hold down and X/Y, and it'll work. No need to be ashamed of being new, EVERY great player was once where you are.

Mmega

Smash Rookie
Thank you a lot for the words of encouragement mind if I ask you questions here as i improve?

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I'd love to help a fellow Peach main as much as I can. Don't be afraid to ask questions, I'll answer them to the best of my ability. The most important thing to remember is that winning and losing aren't as important as learning in every match. If you take the time to think about why things go wrong, it becomes apparent how to prevent them from going wrong in the first place, or at least how to compensate for a mistake and possibly turn it into an advantage.

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Do a normal while floating, then let go of float during the animation

Flash1Lucky

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1633-4328-8010
I'm a peach main as well and I was wondering if you could tell me how to AGT. I've been watching videos about it and I can't seem to find anyone that gives a step by step description on how to do it. Thanks.

TopKek.GG

スーパー かわいい <3

Limbose

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0748-3141-7837
I'm a peach main as well and I was wondering if you could tell me how to AGT. I've been watching videos about it and I can't seem to find anyone that gives a step by step description on how to do it. Thanks.
The way I think of it is cancelling your air dodge by throwing a turnip (since that's actually what it is). You should try and throw it just after the air dodge starts, and eventually you get the hang of the timing. Mostly it's just practicing, finding out for yourself what the timing is, and then doing it a lot to make sure you've got it down.

hear2learn

Smash Rookie
Hi i just started learning peach and i have a few questions. For the float cancel do i need to l cancel it as i land? In training mode should i focus mainly on floating and turnip? I have a hard time approaching with peach, how can i fix this and what moves should i punish with. Thx for any help srry bout the long post

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Hi i just started learning peach and i have a few questions. For the float cancel do i need to l cancel it as i land? In training mode should i focus mainly on floating and turnip? I have a hard time approaching with peach, how can i fix this and what moves should i punish with. Thx for any help srry bout the long post
Float cancels don't require you to l cancel them, practice float stuff until you no longer have to think about how to do it but when to do it. Turnips are a big part of optimizing peach, and can make almost any approch good. I use float Nair/Bair, Dash Attack, and AGT for approaching. Punishing is dependent on the character you are fighting, how close to the opponent you are, the stage you are on, and whether or not you have a turnip in hand. Float Dair>Nair is a good universal punish, but requires you to be very close. Dthrow can chaingrab a big portion of the cast, and is often good at punishing as well. If you are too far away and have a turnip in hand, sometimes hitting with the turnip is all you can do. If you can hit with it and pluck another, that's good, but sometimes you can't safely get another, and in those situations I just hold onto the one I have and get a little closer to the opponent. Occasionally, you can punish with Peach Bomber, just don't do it often, as Peach Bomber often leads to you getting hit if it doesn't connect. Always have a turnip whenever possible, it increases your options at any given point.

Top Bottom