• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My possibly new discoveries, but too lazy to check other threads... Thead.

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
With most characters from 30-60 percent ICs can do a Popo d-throw Nana fair into a desynced ice blocks lock. It's really easy to do and the opponent has a really hard time teching it (if they can at all, I haven't completely checked yet though they probably can). Anyway, it will do up to 24 damage and completely un-move deteriorate your other attacks. So not a bad idea really. Also at least with some characters you can do this odd lock where they're like coming into you instead of moving away. This is done by holding forward after the fair. Being able to do this is pretty sweet because it will guarantee that no matter where you are on the stage you can maximize the lock. Cause it allows you to lock forwards or backwards.

Edit: Another thing. If your having trouble with keeping the desynced the ice blocks. The best method I've found is to continually tap the b button fast and what will usually happen is Nana will start to go slightly faster of Popo slightly slower. Anyway there not doing it at the same speed, so right after you hear Popo saying the HYAA thing stop for an extremely brief moment and continue again. It takes a bit of practice, but that's whats working for me.

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
A new way to grab?

The spacing to get this takes a lot of practice, but is well worth it as it's much less situational than the other grab methods. At very low percents you can SHFF a fair and spike with Nana hammer. If you've done it right you should do 24 damage (or 12 if you only hit with Nana's hammer) instead of 19, assuming no deterioration. When you do this you'll notice that the opponent should just plop in front of you looking all retardedly crippled and stuff and you'll be able to grab them without them being able to do anything. I haven't tested if the opponent will be able to jab out of it or anything but it looks pretty inescapable.

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
Not really anything ground breaking, but you should note that you can always d-throw into a Nana fair (I've done it up to percents of 250). The reason why this is important is because from 0-60 you can d-throw fair with no timing, from 60 to about 100/120 you can jump f-throw fair, but beyond that your going to need to d-throw fair with timing. Anyway, just practice clicking the jump button before the d-throw animation. Again not anything special, but it can be helpful to know in case you need to spike someone off the edge at higher than 100-120%.

Edit: Actually, the jump f-throw fair works on many characters till crazy high percents. It's only a few characters like Wario that I'm thinking have high enough air mobility or something that this actually becomes useful.

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if some of this stuff has been said before. I've only been playing the ICs for the past 3 hours after I saw the video Snowstorm, so I'm not really familiar with what's known and what's not. I'll keep posting what I've found on the off chance that it will be a new discovery.

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
no this is not a new discovery, but thanks for contributing anyway. for the future if you want to add more text in a post you can click on the edit button at the bottom of the post. you dont have to reply 4 times...:cool:
But this way I get heftier post count :chuckle:.

KaShank

Smash Apprentice
double posting can actually get you banned so be careful, its not quantity its quality
O.K. So how is the content of my post? Are they informative or useless or obvious or whatever.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Thanks for the info, but most of this has been known for a while. (:

Sorry.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like the 0% fair to grab

other than that, yeah... so many posts O_O

"too lazy" shouldn't be an excuse to make these kinds of posts, but oh well

stoopdklutz

Smash Journeyman
Uhm...I can post a video of that reverse block lock. I think it's more useful than the norm because your already set up for an up-smash. You guys want a video?

Top Bottom