• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My ping spikes and I lag anytime i stream melee

sumatchi

Smash Rookie
Hello. I recently just bought a new computer. Have no issues at all streaming any other game at all. even when downloading at the same time, but when I start streaming melee on netplay for whatever reason, my ping starts jumping all over the place (normally if i'm sitting at 50 ping, it will spike to 80 or even over 100 sometimes.)

Other games that I stream
Rocket League
Counter strike
PUBG

None of these other games give me issues at all. I'm using OBS Studio 64 bit, I've tried doing game capture, window capture, display capture, none of them have any effect on whether or not I spike. In fact, usually i'm playing one of these. Have another webcam program open, google chrome running, as well as various other things and no lag or stutter at all.

My computer specs are
Nvidia GTX1080
32gb of ram.
i7 Processor

When asking other people as they stream, they said that they didn't have to change any of the OBS settings to be able to stream without stutter.

My speedtest stats are
25-40mbps Download
3-5mbps upload

I created a new profile on OBS and didn't touch anything and it still gives me issues. Anyone have ideas

SilverJolt

Smash Rookie
yea your upload, whats your bit rate and all that set to. Probably using all your bandwidth or something like that. talk to your ISP see if they will boost your upload a bit.

Top Bottom