• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My new ike videos

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
So many videos...Ill watch them asap. Ill edit this post when Im done.

Edit:

You struggled against Wolf the most, though I think you played well in all of your matches. I'm more interested in seeing where people are going to take Ike's play. It's well understood that Ike's Smash-B is pretty good for approaching..I'd like to see people incorperate RARing as an additional approach.

Also, just to comment. Against the wolf, you often hit with an N-air at low percentage and tried to combo into another N-air (this is pretty common, from what I understand) but it appears as though Wolf isnt a character that works against because he can punish you before you can get another N-air off.

All in all, good videos.

Hostility

Smash Ace
Yea wolf was the hardest because that's who lucien's main is. His wolf is too good. But about the nair thing, I was just using it mainly to screen since it covers ike so well and when it would hit I would just try to follow up with something. Up air is a decent follow up as well, but this isn't a set combo really. You have to predict which way wolf will go and just kinda adjust for it to hit. That's pretty much how it is for all of ike's "combos" if you can call them that.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
You are both pretty good, but i think Wolf has an advantage over Ike. You should try using the Aether more to rack up damage, or a back air to catch him off guard, expecting one of ikes slower attacks.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Not enough Aether, in any of your matches.

>_>

<_<

What? I'm serious. xD Anyway, some constructive criticism:

Pretty good, pretty good. I like the A+A+Uptilt, though I personally still prefer the A+A+A, since it's a lot faster. That and I think incorporating the downsmash would work well for you. I seriously think, though, that you're not relying enough on his special moves. I saw more than a few opportunities where he was below you and needed a good Eruption, or was above you and waiting to recieve an extra 20 damage from Aether.

Hostility

Smash Ace
You are both pretty good, but i think Wolf has an advantage over Ike. You should try using the Aether more to rack up damage, or a back air to catch him off guard, expecting one of ikes slower attacks.

I wasn't feeling like wolf has a huge advantage. You have to take into account player skill. Lucien is better than me, and I held my own against him. So there really isn't much room to say that there is a significant character advantage. And aether is terrible vs wolf. if you miss an aether, you're just setting yourself up for a good 50% combo on you. And I used back air quite a bit. I used slower attacks to screen, or when I thought he would try and dodge a fast attack so I could still hit him.

Not enough Aether, in any of your matches.

>_>

<_<

What? I'm serious. xD Anyway, some constructive criticism:

Pretty good, pretty good. I like the A+A+Uptilt, though I personally still prefer the A+A+A, since it's a lot faster. That and I think incorporating the downsmash would work well for you. I seriously think, though, that you're not relying enough on his special moves. I saw more than a few opportunities where he was below you and needed a good Eruption, or was above you and waiting to recieve an extra 20 damage from Aether.

The AAA is great, the AA uptilt was more of a mindgame, I was trying to vary my sheild pressure game because he was sheild grabbing me a lot after the AAA combo. And honestly, if I used aether more than I did, Lucien would have torn me apart. I tried using it a little more in non recorded matches and he dodged it and punished me almost every time. And I havan't found much of a use for eruption yet, if someone is above me I would rather use upsmash or uptilt which are more powerful anyway and have more range. I havan't found much of a use for downsmash either since I base my game on spacing, and the downsmash doesn't have much range at all.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
You made some stupid mistake's that cost you lives. Also, Shield dodge more. You only one like 4/13 of those matches. Also, I left a message in the Wolf battle you won.

Hostility

Smash Ace
You made some stupid mistake's that cost you lives. Also, Shield dodge more. You only one like 4/13 of those matches. Also, I left a message in the Wolf battle you won.
Most of the games were really close, so it wasn't like I was getting slaughtered or something. I won a lot more that weren't recorded and I've been getting better.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Pretty good stuff. I was going to say use nair more, but you were incorporating it a bit more against Sheik on Smashville. Like already mentioned, I'd use Eruption a bit more, and a question...

On Sheik's last stock on Smashville, you did an AAA combo, and then tried to follow up with an upsmash. Sheik of course interrupted it, but is it possible you could try something for? AAA into Utilt? It seems when you did the AAA combo against Sheik at 0%, it sent her just at about the right placing for an utilt. Either way, I'm still not done watching all of these, but I'm enjoying them.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
You are both pretty good, but i think Wolf has an advantage over Ike.
At the level of where brawl is at now I dont think wolf has that much of an advantage against ike at all. Just a little note to all ike users though, ike's utilt has more priority then all of wolfs aerials. Hostility kept getting me with that the first couple matches we played.

Also, Shield dodge more. .
shield dodge is generally a bad idea. He used to do it a lot more but I would almost always punish him for it.

Hostility

Smash Ace
Pretty good stuff. I was going to say use nair more, but you were incorporating it a bit more against Sheik on Smashville. Like already mentioned, I'd use Eruption a bit more, and a question...

On Sheik's last stock on Smashville, you did an AAA combo, and then tried to follow up with an upsmash. Sheik of course interrupted it, but is it possible you could try something for? AAA into Utilt? It seems when you did the AAA combo against Sheik at 0%, it sent her just at about the right placing for an utilt. Either way, I'm still not done watching all of these, but I'm enjoying them.
I'm pretty sure that was his DIing into me. other times the AAA combo had hit him a little further away so I was seeing if I could upsmash in time, but I dont think I can. You are right though, I definetly should have uptilted. In another match, I AAA and he tries to come back and hit me and I hit with another AAA, so I dont think this is a guarenteed combo, it's just a product of DI or the person trying to hit you.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I use to not really consider certain links of moves a combo due to improper DI'ing, but alas, it's one of the many things that makes Smash what it is. I'm sure there will be numerous occasions as to where someone will DI incorrectly into an utilt or what have you.

Hostility

Smash Ace
I use to not really consider certain links of moves a combo due to improper DI'ing, but alas, it's one of the many things that makes Smash what it is. I'm sure there will be numerous occasions as to where someone will DI incorrectly into an utilt or what have you.
Yea, that's just smash. I'll be looking for that more now considering if they have bad DI I can get a ton of extra damage with that uptilt

Top Bottom