• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My mom is selling our house.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I talked with my mom earlier this week and she told me that she's putting her house up for sale starting this saturday. I know this is huge news for me personally, and I wanted to share with the rest of the community about this.

Since 2004 my house has been the center of the SFL smash community. I cannot even begin to recount all the memories that we've all had there together. Every weekend it was an event with West Palm, Broward, and Miami players. I've housed people from SWFL, Orlando, Gainesville, Tallhassee, and the Pan Handle. I've house Forward, Comp, Tetra, and even Helios from Europe. I've hosted some great tournaments out of my house. In my house I've seen the birth and rise of smashers like Linguini, Lambchops, and Green Mario. It's been the training grounds for almost all of the great FL players.

Every moment of hanging out with you guys has been a true pleasure. Being able to not plan anything on a weekend and feel confident that I'd be able to hang out with my friends anyway is a feeling I don't think I'd be able to recapture. I've made some of my best friends at the times spent at my house.

It's where i've had so many crazy parties with some good drinks and good... ahem smokes.

I wanted to post this topic because I know that many of you have your own memories from whatever crazy times we've all had. It was really just as much your place as it was mine. Hell, many of you let yourself in. I remember even napping one day and answering the door to 8 or so people unannounced and we just started playing smash til late into the night right there. I would love for you guys to share any stories or just comments on your times chilling out at the house.

I'll start with one time I remember when there were about a dozen of us at the house playing smash. It was about 3 AM and it got to that time of day where everyone was starving. We wanted to make a quick 7-11 run but for some reason no one had cars. We ended up packing in myself, kyle, johnny, tipman, noodle, pacman, maverick, and 2 other people into Johnny's 4 door sedan. we fit 6 people in the 3 seats in the back we by god we got all of our food and it was a mission accomplished.

My mom sent me a text message giving me a short message for all of you guys from her:

"Tell them all i will miss those days and i felt like everybody's mom."

Please share some stories I would love to hear them.

DC

Smash Cadet
yo remember Mrs. Wilder's computer class for AOIT in high school? That ***** was crazy.

precision

Smash Cadet
my first tournament ever was at xifs house. i went with my friends and we got our **** pushed in hard. so many people. everyone there was really good and crazy technical. south florida smash scene was incredible. this was like 06. cant really describe it. you had to be there. xif: you and youre mom are too good. really lovely people. xif and zp are huge reasons why sfl smash even existed. if it wasnt for xif, the rest of the country would still be on that florida sucks ****. but now we ****. once again xif is too good.

Jaff

Smash Rookie
So there was this one time that Tong, Myers, Lpei, Elliot, and I came over and hung out with your cat...

Top Bottom