• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My mewtwo...needs help

chaos ase

Smash Rookie
so my mewtwo on a pro level sucks....like to the extreme, but on a local level is one of the better characters!

(some back story)

so here is my dilema me a bunch of buddies play often and we created a group based off smash bros and bleach (the anime/manga), were called the smashspada (short for smash espada) i rank number 6 by choice, but in terms of skill and ability, i rank 3rd. so heres the list of our group. every one i have defeated in a one on one is marked with an *

1. Link
2. Fox*
3. Jigglypuff*
4. Marth*
5. Zelda/ Sheik *
6. myself...
7. Peach*
8. Young Link*
9. Open
10. Open

so my problem is mainly espada one and two they both usually beat me but i can beat number two and number one is just plain impossible i dont know what it is... my best combo is shadow tail barrage (grab, dthrow, side smash, and CSB.) ranking from 50 to 60 damage. i fight rather passively often ending up in a dodge duel and i use my teleport for quick escapes and moving around with ease (i cant wave dash well or moonwalk at all). as for combat i usually die around 150 to 200% my recover abilities are great as well as my doging. in fighting on the ground moderate, in the air terrible, and for down type moves decent...so critic me well...i need it

quak

Smash Champion
there is no way to accurately critique someone solely based off of what they say

but i'll try anyway

my advice, stick to playing for fun, going "pro" will take longer than it will take for brawl to be released

chaos ase

Smash Rookie
ok

yeah sorry i dont know how to put up videos or record them, though the sad thing is mewtwo isnt in brawl that i know of (they could re-release him..) but in brawl my Character is meta knight w00tz!!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
shoot lots of the small shadow balls and don't get hit by projectiles by link

use side b on his bombs (not his arrows or boomerangs)

Grab to back throw or down throw A LOT

chaos ase

Smash Rookie
thnx delx ill give it a shot next time, the small sb's are good for what they are worth.
though its slightly hard to dodge his projects cuz he'll trow the b-merang and pull out a bomb and throw it at u

slave1

Smash Lord
work on the air like no other. and get that wave dashing down. moonwalk really not usefull. and at low damage you can down tilt link about 4 or five times in a row.(did that two nights ago) unless they DI into you your down throw forward smash will never hit him.

and the recording stough. go to best buy and there are some things there that come with a recording program. record your matches onto a VCR then transfer them

chaos ase

Smash Rookie
thnx, i actually have some big match ups tonight against some of my buddies relatives and they're supposedly better than our number one, so ive been sampling everything you guys have been giving, and ive also been studying some of taj's style and game play.

Top Bottom