• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My MetaKnight, I guess. ^_^

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
Nice matches man I always hate playing against marths for some reason even though I never usually have trouble with them. Anyways, we should definently play online as soon as I get my gamebridge (which I think will be tomorrow) I want to go Meta vs Meta with you to see whos best ^_^ and record it to show the world >_> (whether I win or lose of course, and if its ok with you)

Ive been challenging a lot of other MK players lately ._.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Phoenix,

In my opinion, your Meta Knight is very imbalanced. In some categories, you excel. In others, you severely limit yourself. Personally, I think you are going to be extremely good (or better) once you pave this imbalance.

First, I would suggest improving your off-stage game and ledge game. It's below average right now, and even lower when you consider Meta's options/tools. There were a couple times, at least, when you had a sure kill but missed it.

Start with improving on a couple things:

Grabbing the ledge. This is easy with Meta Knight because he can just walk or run off the edge, and tap towards the stage for an immediate grab. He is the best at this (in terms of ease).

Reverse Shuttlelooping. In other words, chase your opponent off the stage with your air jumps, always facing the direction to knock them out. Then, on your final jump (or whenever you decide to retire), press UP + SLIGHTLY LEFT/RIGHT + B (depending on the direction you want to go). You can use Shuttleloop to go any direction, not just the direction you're facing. Many times have I chased someone to the edge of the map, and then via reverse Shuttleloop I knocked them out with the hit and also returned to stage. Also remember Shuttleloop has invincibility frames on startup!! (this is helpful against Snake's grenade counter).

Gliding. Practice glide shifting. Your glide attacks were rather accurate; altho don't forget to press B or JUMP when you want to just land. Don't attack and whiff just to land; it does give you *some* negative time. Land with B and then f-tilt in their direction if you think they are coming. Only 1 or 2 of the hits in f-tilt and finish it if you can confirm the first couple hits; this is just an idea. As far as just moving around with the glide, you're not taking full advantage from what I can see. Practice this by flying around Temple a whole lot. You should be able to hit nearly any target. (even if you start on the bottom!!)

This is all just my opinion on things. I know I gave a lot of suggestions but believe me my 'what I think you did right' list would be a lot longer!

Thanks for sharing your video! :)

^^^

Was that an insult? o_O?

yeah, I wasn't exactly playing my best. I just woke up and started my tournament pools late. But yeah, Holy Force, I don't know if I should follow some of those suggestions. Shuttle loop kills are extremely situational and difficult to land (reverse). What if you miss? I'm pretty sure that the opponent would figure out that he should airdodge if you're going to chase him off the edge.

Glide shifting isn't anything but landing from a glide and friction affecting you. It's good to use Glide-A, but if you double jump and try to glide at the opponent it can be punished. Even though I had opportunities to kill, it's not worth potentially getting punished over. Being as safe as possible is high priority over getting a kill early. The opponent is already defensive as it is, so why risk it when you can simply apply pressure.

I've done way better with Meta Knight than seen in this video.

I do alot of stupid things with Meta Knight when i'm online. I actually main Pit, but Meta Knight is just too fun. ^_^

Thanks for the tips, regaurdless. Also, check out this video. It's not that big of an improvement.

http://www.vimeo.com/922140

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's better than mine... Makes me want to challenge you, and I really hate Marths too. He's simply annoying and the tip of his stupid sword killed my poor Dedede at the edge at a simple 65%, and it was from a noob spammer!
I'm sure you'd give me much more than a challege after watching the video you provided. I want to see what my MK can do to improve, especially against a Marth, or projectile user.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
you should post some vids EternalCrusade, i wanna see these matches, watching some MK dittos would be good for all of us

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
you should post some vids EternalCrusade, i wanna see these matches, watching some MK dittos would be good for all of us
Im gonna upload some vids soon, I got my gamebridge 1400 not too long ago, but the thing is, it works on my PS2 but not my wii...and nobody has ever heard of a problem like this, everyone says the gamebridge 1400 should work on the wii, so I still need to figure out this problem, then Im going to record ^_^

Top Bottom